The Cricket Thread

Pretty good ball that to see off Root. 300+ run lead already, these two should have a whack for the last half hour.

Ali doing what Ali does

:roll_eyes:

Just start swinging. If they bowl us out and we get a couple of overs at their openers before close, that would work out nicely.

Anything above 300 is padding to be fair.

Very good batting display by England, the number of scores over 50 is a step in the right direction. Still some faltering mind.

3 days and a target of 350 set with further batting if needed should be ok, be England for the bowling to be less than good this time.

Swing and see what happens on Day 3 and then get back in. I can see India batting within 30 mins to be fair mind.

1 Like

This is sad news. Wish him all the best in his recovery

5 Likes

Woof, what a catch from Bairstow. Overton gets his reward for some really good bowling this morning.

1 Like

Important wicket buoys you up into lunch

Some poor communications there, it’a 20 seconds ffs

1 Like

Feel this is slowly slipping away from England

1 Like

Someone please tell the English bowlers that bowling 3-4 inches outside the stumps’ won’t get they wickets in Test match. What do they think they are playing, T20???

India could win this. That would be astonishing.

1 Like

Excellent bowling from Robinson this morning, such a good start in test cricket for him. Looks like he could be the eventual successor to Broad, if he’s not already considered a certainty to play.

Great stuff! Well done England. It looked like they’d have to bat again this morning, but they’ve been excellent.
Sorry for the people who bought tickets for the 4th day.

1 Like

Sets up the final test (or two)

I may be going to the Oval. Could be tasty.

2 Likes

Hope Woakes is available. Curran is a bit of a weak link at the moment.

1 Like

Loving Oli Robinson. Think he makes my best XI on this form, even with everyone fit.

Burns
Hameed
Malan
Root
Stokes
Buttler
Moeen
Woakes
Robinson
Archer
Anderson

That’s not a bad team. Will Stokes be back for the ashes?

Hope so, need somebody with his character and experience over there. Think his batting suits those pitches as well.

2 Likes

Trouble with Stokes is that taking a “break” before the Ashes won’t even vaguely be referenced by every single Aussi player, fan, passer by, newspaper, tv station etc etc etc.