The Cricket Thread

It’s like a penalty before you’ve finished your first pint in the CL final :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not been many days like that for England in test cricket of late, lovely stuff. Hardly any opportunities offered up by the openers, hopefully tomorrow both can cash in and make some really big scores. Hameed actually having the ability to play some shots and rotate the strike will clearly be of great benefit to Burns who also looked like he played with more freedom today.

1 Like

A couple of chances but if they don’t have I’d have been shocked but generally I thought it was an excellent 100, it’s about cementing this now and moving on.

1 Like

First hour will be crucial. Headingley mornings can be tricky.

Especially if you’ve been out on the pull in Leeds the night before.

2 Likes

Two good balls have done for the openers this morning, Hameed went into a bit of a bunker when the first wicket went unfortunately. Seemed like they bowled about 30 dots at him in a row.

Malan looking ok so far, a few dangerous flirts at balls he should have left but solid otherwise and positive when given the chance to score. If these two get into a decent rhythm after lunch it should be an entertaining session to watch.

1 Like

Girls gone shopping, I’ve got a pub full of beer in Tooting Bec (as you do). I think the 500 is on :slight_smile: Before anybody says it, posting on a Liverpool forum has no affect whatsoever on cricketers in Leeds.

Voice of experience?

1 Like

Custodial or just a warning?

Neither. Just escaped before her brothers found me.

1 Like

After playing over 100 balls, Malan still looks shaky, unsure; to me.

Balls, last one before tea…. Bairstow will hate batting against a knackered attack :slight_smile: And then Buttler :laughing:

Well, close enough :slight_smile:

Hell of year Root is having with the bat. Hardly troubled yet again whilst striking at a ridiculous rate. What a player.

3 Likes

England batting lineup is Roots and some dudes. :rofl:

A bit unfair when all of the top 4 passed 60.

True, but only Roots has built on the start.

Well Bairstow and Buttler couldn’t have wished for a better platform or pitch to go and get a significant score on. Over to Mo, Curran and Overton to score some quick runs now.

England to fold around 400 :thinking:

Fixed for accuracy