The Cricket Thread

You jinxed them, didn’t you :wink:

2 Likes

India all out for 78,lets see what England can do now.

It would be classic England to make 60 in reply.

2 Likes

Is it mathematically possible to be forced to follow on?

Nope.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s parity again after one inning.

1 Like

This is after India won the toss as well. The pitch doesn’t look like there’s any gremlins in it, England just bowled a good length outside of off stump and the Indian batters played poor shots.

It’s infuriating when bowlers picked for the country can’t put it in the right places but today they did. Any reason why Anderson only bowled 8 overs?

You dont need a bowler of Jimmy’s age and importance bowling when the other bowlers are making progress of their own. I’d imagine it was just a conscious decision to spare him when not absolutely needed.

England to now finally work out batting and put 500 on. Mawlan with a daddy knock.

I use that excuse when I only get 3 overs :wink:

All four of the seamers bowled really well, constantly putting it in the right areas and barely gave anything away. Probably just giving him a bit of a rest whilst the rest were looking equally as threatening.

What a shite first over that was for Ishant, Hameed looking positive in his first ten balls.

I think 4 or 5 tests in 7 weeks you have to manage a guy at 39 especially if he can give you spells like he did.

1 Like

Helped also that Overton and Curran chipped in.

It’s far from over. Even if England get 170 ish, anything could happen.

Siraj and Shami will be the danger men.

This lot can’t bat that’s been obvious so I don’t think anyone is going write India off.

I think nothing can be predicted until end of second day’s play.

It might be all over by then.

1 Like

Finishing 0 down after bowling them out would be epic.

2 Likes

There are four people, dressed as seagulls, running around the stand, chasing someone dressed as chips. They all leap on him at the end. Only at the cricket, and only in England.

1 Like

That Hameed guy doesn’t give much confidence, though he hasn’t done anything wrong so far.

I keep expecting to wake up and find it was all a dream