The Cricket Thread

What’s your combined 11 GK? Genuinely interested.

Martial Arts Reaction GIF

1 Like

There was no mention of average. This was simply the point that if Root outscores Paine by 80 runs he will have scored more runs in one calendar year than Paine has managed in 57 innings over 11 years.

1 Like

Aussies will win the ashes easily. Get ready for some england stars to abandon the ship mid series

Well obviously it won’t include Paine! :rofl:. Just wanted to slap Herb back with his bantz.

But honestly couldn’t answer that when there are so many question marks over the English team. I’m not even sure the England selectors will know what to do. Not that the Aussies don’t have massive problems themselves with the top order.

Combined 11 for the series in Australia? God it would be difficult to not choose most of the Aussie bowlers given our quality playing on the Aussie pitches. Really worried about most of the Aus batting lineup, mostly due to having close to 12 months without playing a competitive test. Not sure how they’ll handle the pressure of the Ashes, even at home.

Haven’t really looked at the fixtures but if they play another pink ball day nighter at the AO I wouldn’t bet against England winning that one.

Yeah, the Aussie bowlers in Australia are the trump card. Starc is the only possible weakness and even he is probably worth his place for variation and the occasional unplayable delivery.
Obviously Smith, Labuschagne, Root and Stokes, which leaves the openers and WK.
Surely the Aussie openers are better than England’s.

Probably. It would come down to which Burns do you take, Joe or Rory?

Burns/Burns
Warner
Smith
Root
Labuschagne
Stokes
Buttler/Bairstow
Cummins
Archer/Starc/Lyon
Hazlewood
Anderson

Only questions for me would be the fourth main line bowler, who keeps, and who opens with Warner.

Are we still trying to mash teams up!? Thought we weren’t 12

We could rotate the Burns until one of them suffers burn out.

Lyon is far away the only spin option.

Agreed, so it would depend on the track. Bunsen burner, play him. If not, Root can turn his arm over.

Does Smith bowl any more?

It’s an exercise in creativity and thus allowed apparently

The only bowl he has is the one under his chin catching his cheaty tears mate.

1 Like

Looks like Stokes is out. If we don’t or can’t take 90mph+ pace, we lose the Ashes. Anderson and Broad killing themselves on roads here we come.

If it said ‘ruled out’ it would be different, but ‘unlikely’ tells me there’s still a chance he’ll play.

frontpage chances GIF

1 Like

Full strength?

Yeah, I can’t see that as being possible. Maybe it means from those available?

Can I have the window seat? You can chat up the stewardesses (or stewards as you please). I’ll be after the beer record, does wonders for my bowling….

We’re going to get eaten.

Surprised they’ve not taken Mahmood, and as always Foakes is unlucky that the love affair with Bairstow continues, otherwise it’s pretty much as expected.

1 Like