The Cricket Thread

More than that. I’m especially impressed with Vihari and Ashwin buckling down, And Vihari with a hamstring injury that effectively stopped him from running singles even. Buckling down, not being able to rotate the strike even…And still soaking up the pressure.

The pitch was a bit flat , well it is SCG which is to be expected.

India’s lineup for the last test would be even more injury wrecked. It’s now 3 front line batsmen (Kohli, Vihari & KL Rahul) out and 4 bowlers( Jadeja,Umesh,Shami,Ishant)

This is effectively a India B side + Bumrah, Pujara & Rahane… (Keeping in mind that Jadeja is India’s best spinner)

Let’s see if India manage to make a match out of it in Brisbane , I doubt they’ll get a win though considering the absences. Ideally Kohli should have been there as a batsman though. But if not for that disastrous 36 all out imadness in one innings, This should have been where the series should have been won.

NZ do have a strong side on Paper. Just that they go to pieces when they play against Australia (either home or away). Also don’t think they’ll be good touring. Not even as good as India perhaps.

The state of the teams right now is that the best side overall is the side which atleast gives a challenge to a home team during their away series. The only teams that probably do that now are India and England.

1 Like

And that is why I love test cricket.

Well in India, delighted they were disciplined to drag it back to a draw.

Disappointed to see that Steve Smith took to underhand tactics yesterday - he scuffed away Pant’s batting guard during a drinks break. Given his history, the ban, the interview in tears, you’d think he’d have learnt. One of the best cricketers of his day pissing on his own reputation at every chance.

https://www.skysports.com/cricket/news/12123/12184851/steve-smith-criticised-after-appearing-to-remove-rishabh-pants-guard-in-australia-vs-india-test

All in all, Paine has come across as a bit of a shithead too. Sledging has always been part of the sport, but its all a bit cras with apparently mocking Ashwins accent along with the rest. Swearing at the umpire on Day 3 has cost him a percentage of his match earnings. His dropped catches cost Australia the test. Should probably have focused on the cricket, and not so much at giving it the old frankie lampard.

It’s lined up to be a cracking fourth test. I hope the focus is on cricket, and not the players or crowd being cockends.

2 Likes

It seems Australia are incapable of not being dicks on the cricket field. Great country, great people, horrible cricketers.

oh yeah , this was rather uncalled for.

Good day so far for England 126-7 are Sri Lanka

8 and 9 follow quickly but fortunate but hey.

All out for 135… woeful

1 Like

Sri Lanka 135 all out, a comedy of errors. Hopefully England can get well past that total but you can easily see us telling Sri Lanka to hold our beer.

Yup 2 down for 15, I kind of half expected it, just really silly that second one, really no need to play shots like that at this stage.

Got 3 days on this

Recovered well after those two wickets.

I’d declare now :rofl:

1 Like

Lovely day’s cricket (minus the rain) alarm set for the morning. If we bat again I’d be surprised.

Showing more resistance this time around

Not hard when England’s skipper has no idea how to get the most out of his spinners.

1 Like

Aus with a 33 run lead in 1st innings after the Idian lower order showed their more experienced top order how to bat.

Aus then put 21 runs on the board in the final half hour of day 3. A pretty tight match and will be a good final 2 days

1 Like

Is Jonny Bairstow working for them???!!!

Dickwella’d :joy:

1 Like

Praying for rain in Brisbane. It’s a real shame that both sides weren’t at full strength, but it’s been a great series nevertheless.

What on earth are England playing at?

1 Like

It turns out 12th man is Nostradamus