The Cricket Thread

Yeah, NZ heavy favourites.

England needed an extra 15-20.

Big boundaries helps England given NZ don’t have huge power in their batting. Hopefully we can get Guptill out early and Rashid can produce some magic in the middle.

Will need big improvements from Wood, Woakes and Jordan on their last performances to have a chance.

If England had an extra 15 runs or so you would be in the box seat for this.

Malan and Ali both did well but needed to attack us in the middle overs far more - considering powerplay was more expensive than usual. Santner is usually who we use to tighten the run rate in the middle overs but he only bowled one over and Southee/Boult bowled all but one over prior to the death.

Feel England have missed a big chance here to take it out of our hands. In saying that blackcaps batting has been average for a while now and we’ll struggle for hitting at the end of the game if the run rate pushes above 10 an over.

Excellent first two overs for England, crucial early wicket of Guptill and Williamson lucky not to be out twice.

Kiwis sportingly making a game of it

Get Conway out and I think it might be in the bag.

Not sure about that. Think it’s a reasonable total.

1 Like

Needing 10 an over now for the last 12. That’s a fairly tough ask.

This could be the key here. NZ have to go at Livingstone and Ali now.

Wood undoing a lot of good work with some hit me balls this over. First real over of substance for NZ, this equation is still far from a lost cause.

1 Like

Still see NZ as favourites

Eng need a wicket

I think England have this. Strangling NZ right now.

We watching the same match?

Listening for me. I just think this is too much for NZ.

Bruce in the stands, that’s why he left Newcastle. Early finish for me now in the pub :slight_smile: Come on Engerlaaaaaand.

England heavy favs now.

Phillips dislocated and mangled a finger earlier and just came out to bat. Danny Sturridge would have been out for 3 months.

These two crucial for the kiwis

Love this game, just glorious.