The Cricket Thread

More of that kind of bowling please Mitchell

I think we need to talk about Zampa’s haircut. Why do Aussies do that?

They are a strange bunch

1 Like

Sensational stuff from Williamson.

1 Like

Runs on the board, reckon they would have wanted 180 but we have a game on our hands here.

Mitch Starc with a lovely contribution of 0-60.

1 Like

Not enough

Great knock by Williamson though

A good score from NZ, not great, but a score their bowlers would fancy defending, although they would no doubt love an extra 10-15 runs, but 172 is still defendable if you bowl well

1 Like

Sky Bet has NZ as slight favourites. Think a lot might depend on Warner, there’s a few bowlers from NZ point of view I’d want to keep away from him.

9 more to go…

1 Like

Australia bat much deeper than NZ though. That means they can take more chances.

1 Like

Increasingly looking like there is to be no fairytale ending for NZ. Warner and Marsh barely being tested.

Yeah, it’s a procession

After the first 10 overs, definitely advantage Aus, but I still think NZ could claw their way back into the final, but need a few wickets fairly soon

Even with that wicket of Warner, I think it would be a monumental choke from Australia to not get over the line from here with 8 wickets left. Required rate still under 9, I would have sent in Smith to keep rotating the strike against the spinners and allow Marsh to smack everything else.

Sodhi has been absolutely dreadful today, I don’t think he’s bowled one good ball yet.

1 Like

So, the authorities have to find a way to stop the result being decided at the coin toss. Australia would have won this anyway, but too often in this competition winning the toss has meant winning the match.
If they don’t find a way to even things out, this format will become very boring very quickly.

I feel for Williamson and Boult today. Both played exceptionally well and were let down by others who shat the bed on the big occasion.

Congratulations to Australia, thoroughly deserved to win on the day. Amazing it’s taken them this long to figure out this format really given the sheer amount of talent they have had at their disposal over the years and the quality of their domestic tournament.

1 Like

Haha. Not one mention of the coin toss through the entire tournament and it’s only a problem on the eve of a final featuring Australia and after they win it.

sad eric cartman GIF by South Park

I’ll need to keep hydrated tonight with all the salt intake.

…no-one???..

tumbleweed GIF

I mean the toss being vital has been spoken about before literally every game at this tournament so I’m not sure what you’re trying to get at there :face_with_raised_eyebrow: . Today I don’t think it was as important as it has been in previous games though, the pitch played well throughout the entire game and I don’t think either side got an easier go of things. Australia were just far superior in every way today and deserved their victory.

1 Like

Hasn’t been mentioned once on here which was my point. Was just bantz anyway.

What’s the point of being Australian if I can’t be a cunt after victory?