The Cricket Thread

Is it raining yet, two terrible dismissals to start us off. :grimacing:

Could be all out in the next hour…

Another one

Fuck this. I’ll watch the highlights in the morning.

Got 'im! Yes! Piss off ya out. That’ll fuck his average!

1 Like

Bat first on this pitch…jeez Joe :man_shrugging:

5-0 rain won’t save this shite

Good balls to get Root and Stokes to be fair. It’s the other two that leave a bit of a sour taste in the mouth, exposing England’s best players to bowling friendly conditions early yet again.

Could be Root’s Hussein 2002 moment at this rate mind…England are going to have to pray for heavy rainfall.

That’s why I said yesterday it would be a good toss to lose - tough call either way on this wicket.

Compelling cricket though. Pope looks OK haven’t seen much of him before. If he hangs in the Pitch will only get more batting friendly in the next couple of days.

Warney calling for Starcs head once again pre test. One of his best.

Paine’s Pain is Australia’s Gain.

Done for the day, I’m heading down in the morning so will see how we go. Rain forecast again tomorrow but clearing somewhat after that. Plenty of time left in the game with England already fired out for a snooker score.

2 Likes

Listened to the first hour. Deja vu………

Even if two days are lost to rain now Australia will still likely have a great chance to win this match.

Shame Hameed and Pope couldn’t push on, I watched up until lunch and both looked pretty well set. Hameed was barely troubled at all, a lot of talk about his low hands being a major issue before the game but I can only really remember one ball in which he was fortunate not to edge, he looked very competent with his defensive strokes. Pope also looked to be positive from the off, on another day he probably could have 15-20 more runs before lunch but a lot of his shots were well fielded or centimetres away from piercing the field. A bit erratic against Lyon who was finding a lot of turn and bounce, should maybe give himself more of a look before trying to charge him.

2 Likes

75 more runs and this match has a completely different look…I think England have a competitive bowling unit but if they never get a competitive total on the board then it will be pretty dire viewing from here on in.

1 Like

Was the problem in several tests in the last year, bowling has bowled a competitive total only for batting to knock 150.

1 Like

I hope it’s pouring

That is what made the decision to bat first by Root all the more strange.

Conditions and the pitch looked 50/50 if you want to bat or bowl first. But with the humidity, you know the ball will swing slightly mor ethan normal in Aus, and that would have played into the English bowlers advantage

1 Like

No swing or seam for Woakes, might as well turn the TV off now and wake up to Australia 300-2.

Hello BT Sports, goodby Harris :slight_smile:

:rofl: Hoping you’re way off beam there buddy. I want Smith out before lunch.

1 Like

Hopefully Labuschagne goes before lunch because I really cannot be arsed watching those cringe leaves for two hours.

1 Like

I’d have ripped his stumps out by now but sadly England won’t have me :wink: