The Cricket Thread

@Bekloppt

Animated GIF

1 Like

A fool and his money…:wink:

Welcome in my shop :wink:

1 Like

England doing that thing where they build your hopes up only to dash them once again.

morgan freeman quote GIF

Cummins and Hazelwood are massive losses and I cant see this bowling lineup ripping through the middle order.

1 Like

Very good over for Green there that brought about the Root wicket.

Cue the inevitable collapse

Fuuuuu. I was just about to type how frustrating Starc is as a bowler as he has so much experience but his bowling is a costly mess. Then he gets the important wicket of Malan.

Well I never expected this collapse.

No, it’s so unlike England to suddenly collapse for no reason. Didn’t see that coming at all.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yawn. Another day another England batting collapse. So predictable. If this doesn’t make ECB make wholesale changes (starting with Silverwood and Root as captain) then nothing will.

As much as I enjoy seeing you make a fool of yourself please shut up and stop doing this :rage: .

These shithouses can’t even cash in on this road for fucks sake. Trying to watch Pope play spin is brutal as well, he looks like he’s playing on a day 5 rank turner in Galle as soon as Lyon comes on.

Just send them home. Put them all out of their misery.

1 Like

Forget bowlers, a feather will knock this batting lineup down :man_facepalming:t2: (I was gonna say a gust of wind but that seemed overly strong)

Might as well let the T20 lads have a go, at least they’d score a few before getting out

1 Like

This is one of those tests where England pay for not having a natural keeper. I love Buttler but he’s average with the gloves. He’s made more mistakes in this match than I’ve made in a whole season.

Keep Buttler as a batter but bring in Foakes. Drop Burns.

Hameed
Malan
Stokes
Root
Bairstow
Buttler
Foakes
Woakes
Wood
Robinson
Anderson/Broad

I’m really not getting enough kudos for my brilliant prediction :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

What, you’re gonna predict the Pope is Catholic next? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Think they’ll need Leach in the next couple of tests given the roads they’ll be playing on. Not sure they’ll want to be flogging all of the quicks in the field for another 150 overs or risk a ban for the captain for yet another day of slow over rates.

I’d like to see them give Lawrence a go over Bairstow as well. A good player of spin and more deserving of a chance in the side given we know Bairstow will be bowled or LBW to Starc within his first ten balls.

3 Likes

Buttler taking a few beauties this morning