The Cricket Thread

Ollie Robinson is bowling spin. What the fuck. I’ve been heavy on the ale tonight but I think I’m seeing this right.

He’s bowled 12 balls and I’m already convinced he’s a far better spin bowler than Leach.

Its probable for england to survive for 4 sessions. I’d say the aussies declare after batting 10 overs in this and give themselves 50 odd more runs.

Don’t see the pitch becoming unplayable tomorrow. Although it will have 2 night sessions with a new ball though

Australia is a graveyard for foreign offies. Better spinners than leach like Ashwin and Murali have struggled in Australian conditions.

To pick jack leach now would be a killer blow to his confidence and probably end his international career.

I think they’ll bat as close to sundown as possible so they aren’t scuffing up the new ball before lights. That’s not too say you can only get wickets under lights there, but I think it’s the way we play it.

I’m not sure you can get the full 30 overs done in the last session. Ideally you’d want 2 new balls at the night session which is possible only if they bat out this session.

Could potentially backfire if england show some grit and decide to bat out time like how marnus and Smith did in the first innings. But i doubt England have the batting for that.

1 Like

And Adelaide is probably the flattest wicket ever. If it wasnt for the D/N spicing the pitch up a bit , a normal test would likely end in a draw

I think with with how Babuschagne was batting there you are probably right and they’ll declare soonish

Why are we taking these catches? Let them bat on. They’re just wasting their own time. Never interrupt your enemy when he’s making mistakes as the short hat wearing emperor famously said. I feel almost as depressed as a Newcastle fan.

England now 40-1 and even I’m not that barking.

The better bet is on it ending today. Yep.

Sarcastic Joke GIF

Unlucky Australia. England have you right where they want.

Oh Yeah Hello GIF

1 Like

im invincible monty python GIF

2 Likes

Less than 400 to win with more than a day remaining. This is getting interesting…

Edit. Shiiiiitttttttt…

1 Like

Ouch!!!

That one’s gotta hurt :rofl:

Line from the Ausie commentator on TMS, absolute genius. “Monty got sunburn on the roof of his mouth he spent so long watching the ball fly over his head.” Can’t believe it’s original but will be using it next season :slight_smile:
Root out all out.

1 Like

Can we fly in Paul Collingwood and Matt Prior to provide Stokes with a bit of support tomorrow?

:rofl: That is fucking brilliant

1 Like

I’ve more interest in individual players these days given how shit England are. Watching Root climb the list of all-time runs, going for most runs in a calender year etc or watching Anderson and Broad in the bowlers list.
It’s far better than watching the inevitable collapse once the 3rd wicket goes.

2 Likes

England and their ineptness making a average-decent Aussie side appear world class.

1 Like

That’s a huge burn on burns.

1 Like