The Cricket Thread

I would have been happier with Cummins interview responses as an Aussie player. Will Langer be spared though?

It’s the old boys thing I was referring to above, I would have loved to here them as India chased that down, seemed very bullish at 20/1 in the Indian first innings

Michael Vaughan disqualified himself there for the foreseeable future as a pundit in my eyes. What’s a former English captain up to with this sort of anti-Indian and/ or Aussie-sycophant messaging?

1 Like

He’s always trying to bait people on twitter.

1 Like

Vaughan is a smug, arrogant dickhead.

He’s more like an English football pundit than a cricket one. Give me Hussain or Athers any day.

4 Likes

I can see them pardoning Smith and bringing him back with Paine as VC. Starc has lost a bit of edge and I bet there are a bunch of younger quicks who’d be better at the moment. Otherwise the team is still pretty good - Smith, Lab, Cummins and Hazelwood walk into any world eleven.

Not sure about Lab, Just not convinced with him yet

Smith, Cummins & Hazlewood for sure

The guy’s averaging over 60 after 18 tests! And his average isn’t even padded out by playing loads of cricket on subcontinental roads.

2 Likes

Smith & Cummins for sure though , They would walk into the Indian/NZ sides easily…

Not sure about Hazlewood being able to displace the NZ/Indian quicks.

All three would comfortably make the other team squads though

So was Chris Rogers. Just not convinced by him yet. Let’s see how he goes on the subcontinent & the Indian pitches aren’t roads anymore though.

Adam Voges sorry. Not Chris Rogers

Hazelwood is class. It’s always difficult to praise Aussie cricketers, but credit where it’s due. There’s nothing to suggest that Lab has any weaknesses as far as I can see. Ok, a world eleven would have an embarrassment of riches in the batting, but still, on present form he’d be hard to leave out.

Williamson/Smith/Babar Azam/Kohli

Who’d you leave out to pick Lab…And that’s not even including Root etc too

And who are your openers? I don’t think Root makes it unfortunately. Stokes is the only England player who’d be in the team.

Lab gets in as a leftie. Oh, he’s right handed? Dearth of decent keepers about might mean Buttler makes it with Stokes, but agree nobody else from England.

Well, if you were picking the team today Pant would get in ahead of Buttler don’t you think?

1 Like

Current World XI ?

Openers would probably be Elgar, Latham , Williamson , Smith , Kohli , Stokes/Jadeja , Watling , Cummins , Ashwin , Bumrah , Hazlewood/Shami/Wagner/Jamieson/Boult/Rabada/Anderson/Broad

I don’t think so. He’s played a clutch innings but he’s a crap keeper and that’s his main job. Not good enough to be picked as a pure batsmen yet though

De Kock as keeper maybe?

1 Like

More concerned for test cricket and what comes after the big 3. NZ will remain competitive and be in the top 4 for the forseeable future. Bangladesh might slowly start becoming competitive though , but it probably will take them a good 4-5 years

But if you look at Windies, Pakistan, Srilanka, South Africa , Then the troubles facing test cricket are plain to see. There are good players in each of the sides who would thrive and probably even be in a world xi , especially Jason Holder, Babar Azam…But not enough of them around