The Cricket Thread

15 overs to go 69 runs the target…

India have looked the better team since losing Pujara.

Aus don’t look capable of getting them out here but India could easily knock of the remaining 70 odd runs.

Cummins remains the threat for India. Such a lovely bowler

2 Likes

If Aus can get 2 wickets before it the target drops below 50, they might still have a chance, but it doesn’t feel like they are pushing that hard for them. Paine seems intent on seeing out a draw to not risk losing the test and series

Aus still have a good chance if they get Pant

Brilliant stuff!

not followed the last bit due to work.

I see India only need 24 runs, but how many overs are left?

5 overs to go…15 now

1 Like

So Tim Paine can go down in history as the captain that lost Fortress Gabbattior.

Time for a new captain.

1 Like

what a comeback. Fuck, amazing win

1 Like

Wonderful stuff! Test cricket at it’s best. Full credit to both sides, but India have shown the most incredible skill and resilience.

1 Like

Brilliant performance to win the series! As expected, it was tough but not impossible. Now anytime that 36 all out is brought up, it will be followed by a gentle reminder about who won the series eventually :wink:

2 Likes

There might not be a more inspirational sporting performance than that all year. Risabh Pant :boom:

1 Like

#JustStating

6 Likes

What a win. Need to watch the highlights post lunch (when I went to bed). He session of body line just before lunch was intense.

Australia will be kicking themselves. India deserve a round of applause here.

Had the privilege of being at the Gabba today and all I can say is well done India. They played cricket in the right spirit and won a number of fans down under, including myself. Real characters throughout that side, Pant, Pujara, Siraj, Rahane, Ashwin and what a knock from Gill.

I saw Laxman get a 70 odd at the same ground 18 years ago and Gill’s 90 was every bit as impressive.

Sad to see our legendary unbeaten run fall, but fair play to India. Well deserved.

Cricket fans will be in shock here. There will be repercussions for sure but best to just reflect on a wonderful Indian performance for now.

8 Likes

I’d drop Starc… Too often has he padded up his numbers by dismissing the tail. He really should be bowling better to the top order guys.

Paine is out for me as a captain, He probably still is the best keeper and a pretty capable lower order batsman though.

Lyon needs to answer some questions. Didn’t do enough this series to justify selection against SA imo.

In the ‘old days’, Paine would be a goner for sure having lost that series as skipper, keeper growing in age having made key errors with Carey and Phillipe waiting in the wings.

Yep I think we needed to bring in some fresh legs ie drop Starc for another paceman.

Lyon has a case to answer two having failed to bowl the other team out on the fifth day twice.

1 Like

Did you think Paine’s post-match interview was just a bit too magnanimous for the Aussies watching? ‘Outplayed by India in all the key moments of the series’ – you could see his players visibly bristle at that…

He’s been humiliated in the last week or so. I think he got it about right today but too little too late. I think he will fall in his sword. Cummins would be fine as skipper.