The Cycling Thread

Fuck…that glimpse of the upcoming ramp…

Gulp.

Good on Lopez. Amazing ride.

And Carapaz…staunch as fuck.

But Roglic all the way.

I think Primoz the other day said he wanted 30secs going into Saturday.

Will likely have twice that.

Great champion form from Roglic today, that settles it.
Well there’s an individual trial (no idea who’s strongest Roglic or Pogacar) there can be big separations in trials but both have to be strong just to be where they are already.

1 Like

Looks like Roglics to lose now with only a real disaster stopping him now.

I’d even say Lopez has even done enough to hold off Porte for 3rd place on the podium now as well.

That for me was what the Tour is all about. People laying everything out on the floor.

2 Likes

Gravel?? Who will puncture??

Richie Porte would have been paying £1.01…

2 Likes

I really enjoyed the compacted soil section (looked easier than what I usually trek along) the problem I saw with it was the motos and cars causing dust storms.
Yes, Richie Porte always has bad luck on the tour de france, so much so I wonder what he feels about it? :open_mouth:

1 Like

Hi interview after was a peach to be fair. He almost expected it. What was daft was why his team didn’t have people with spare wheels on that section. Ineos did.

1 Like

What a ride by Andersen.

This is top top stuff. I have goosebumps.

2 Likes

Hilarious. He wasn’t given any time gaps. He’s been literally riding flat out scared shitless of being caught Didn’t look back once!

1 Like

Classic stuff!!!

1 Like

Been a pretty good tour all things considered, some multiple stage winners, the jumbo train has been impressive but we also got to see a bit of Roglic go solo. Pog has been huge, future tour winner you would think. Hirchi, impressive and unfortunate to go under as he probably would have seen out the polka dot Jersey. Carapaz showing ineos that he is a future leader, was amazing backing up probably the 3 toughest days in the break away, obtain polka and finishing 1-2 with the pole.

Can Richie shave off 1.30 off Lopez and finish third? I hope so, but don’t see it happening.

1 Like

I hope so too, but likewise reckon he is a very slim chance, at best.

Shame, he seems a ripper bloke and a podium would be very fitting in the twilight of his career.

And what a Tour for Sunweb. Showing everybody how it’s done.

1 Like

Why?
Lopez has been very good this tour and deserves something as well. I know Richie is a great guy an all but he seems doomed when it comes to TdF. :cry:

Anyway Time trials are deciders there can be minutes between the top riders. Personally I have no idea how good each of the top riders are at this particularly as there’s a climb at the end. I just haven’t kept up with cycling as much as I once did.

I will add that this tour has been good mainly due to the riders in the top places (Roglic, Pogacar, Yates, Lopez, Porte, Landa and Mas to mention the obvious) some great guys, when it comes to cycling, the tour stages themselves is a bit of another story or should i say the order?

1 Like

Because I’m from Australia and it would be nice to see him finish top 3.

2 Likes

Fair enough. A bit like me with Barguil and Yates (even if I prefer Simon). All top blokes like Richie.

1 Like

Sadly I cant see Porte catching Lopez despite him being the better time trialist. The course is too short and uphill which reduces the crash risk.

For me the main interest of this years Tour is how other teams have now been able to catch Ineos (Sky) and basically dominate them. Almost a changing of the guard but I do suspect that something has gone seriously wrong in Ineos’ preparations this year.

Looks good for next year I think, with potentially 3 teams really pushing GC.

Great thing is we have another one in 2 weeks!!

2 Likes

This is way too exciting with the top 3 placement from the time trial.

1 Like

Yep…this is TENSE!!!

1 Like

Lopez collapsing!!!

1 Like