The Cycling Thread

What’s a ride by Tom Dumoulin.

1 Like

Roglic has won the last two GT ITTs.

Pogacar is gonna overhaul him.

Crazy.

1 Like

I hope that Roglic did not get penalized because of the long push after the bike change.

It could all be academic if Pogacar overhaul the time difference.

I think they said it was bang on 5secs.

So happy for Richie.

2 Likes

I am in shock.

This is ridiculous by Pogacar, very disappointing by Roglic.

Don’t think anyone saw this coming, even Roglic himself said he wanted 30secs coming into today. He had twice that and has been blown away.

2 Likes

Chapeau Tadej.

This humble pie is delicious.

Wow, did not expect that outcome.

1 Like

Don’t know much about Roglic, but just looking at his body shape indicates for me he wouldn’t be as fast going uphill as Pogacar, who has that classic climbers body. Race of truth. They really should have a mountain time trial every year. That was wonderful.

1 Like

I also love how a guy whose team was left scattered about France ripped the Jersey off a guy surrounded by studs. About time that happened.

1 Like

“When you log back on to The Anfield Noise forum and realise you fucked up”

Well dont ever follow my predictions ever again. How wrong was I?

Such was the scale of my fuck up I went out thinking it was a foregone conclusion. Only just saw the highlights after seeing the scale of my cock up on here.

Great days racing. If I were Jumbo I’d be looking very closely at what happened to Roglic. Even take some blood, whatever. he was clearly off colour today.

Time to get my bike back on the road I think.

1 Like

Mate, I couldn’t believe my eyes.

It was crazy.

WVA was amazing, then Dumoulin was amazing. And then Pogacar just annihilated them.

Meanwhile, Roglic was very disappointing.

1 Like

Holy shit!!! Incredible by Pog… yellow, polka and white, has that ever happened before ?

Disappointing by Roglic, so happy for Richie! Huge effort.

1 Like

Best thing about Richie was his interview afterwards. He let slip that his wife encouraged him to ride the Tour and miss the birth of his second child.

Apparently she said, have a proper crack, don’t let me catch you sulking at the back of the peleton.

HAHAHA

Over the moon for him really. Can’t wait to see him up there tomorrow, hopefully after Ewan has gone B2B.

3 Likes

Roglic was still 5th on the day, but yeah really off colour especially when you think he won the time trial at tje Vuelta last year and both time trials in the Giro before that (perhaps a year before). He’s a really strong time trialler.

Didn’t look right on the bike at all.

And for another twist isn’t Froome joining UAE next year?

Nah, Israel Start Up Nation.

1 Like

Fucked that up as well. :confused:

2 Likes

:rofl:

What’s this 20 character nonsense?!?!?!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I wonder how much this incident has affected Jumbo-Visma and Roglič today.

1 Like