The Cycling Thread

This is the golden rule. Tbf I’d say 90% here are fine but I always assume they’re all gonna do something stupid.

Strava is great for finding country roads with fewer cars

That’s probably why. Tons of young men with something to compensate for, racing around in their piece of shit fartmobiles.

1 Like

100% agree I’m just really wary of it now. My road choices are far more limited now too. At least I can go mountain biking but commuting by bike was something I always found fun.

For me it’s drivers have generally become a whole lot more impatient nowadays, and that’s along with cars being far quicker etc too. That’s a recipe for trouble real quick.

Speaking of the Daily Heil…

Yep, that’s the story I saw and was looking for. The comments section is both comedy gold and frightening.

And being honest, the design of that cycleway is um… well, a disaster.

Not sure if this is the right thread or not… Can easily be moved across if needs be

1 Like

Cos you were shit, love. Nice attempt to monetise your tears with the right wing press though

Big final competitive stage (time trial) in the Giro today.

Guilty of not watching enough of it.

I hope you saw the finale.

Epic finish, even if G lost.

Incredible drama.

1 Like

After managing to put the curse on GT I then missed it all.

I am an idiot.

Watch a replay…

It was deadset amazing.

And I love G. His response afterwards confirms he is one of the best blokes around. Shame it had to be him.

Roglic had been similarly very magnanimous in defeat at Le Tour.

Always him though. Honestly can’t think of anyone as unlucky or at least the nearly man as him in sport.

Mentally I don’t know how he continually picks himself up, especially as cycling is as cruel as it is.

FFS his palmares includes a TdF and he’s also won a classic, four major stage races, two Olympic golds on the track and national road and TT titles!

2 Likes

Why so angry?

How many times has he crashed out of Grand tours etc. or played the obedient domestique?

He’s had a great career, not denying that, but the amount of times he’s had to pick himself up after disappointment is astonishing. And to his credit he always does.

2 Likes

Not angry, simply crazy to call that palmares one of a ‘nearly man’.

Yeah…

But what has he done for me lately?

We all know Richie Porte is really the unluckiest cyclist there is.

And Cadel lost the 2007 Tour, to a sneaky drug-cheat, no less, by 23 seconds.

Since Aussies never cheat I see that as the unluckiest moment in the history of the universe.

Hmm, good shout that.

Maybe we should just say that cycling in tours is one of the cruelest sports out there?