The Cycling Thread

Just for you chook. This story blew my mind. I remember that day, and the look in Landis’ eyes.

Just to be clear, I am suspicious of EVERYBODY.

It is a damn shame, but here we are.

On reflection, I think it was the moment Stanley Johnson decided against wanking that night…

I think it ultimately helped. It just lifted the lid on it all and made it front and centre as a priority to help dealt with.

But what Horner went through on that day in 2006 though, was just nuts. All to keep Cadel happy with enough coke … (cola).

I also laugh at the story of UCI chasing Obri for drug offences only to find he was being powered by marmalade sandwiches.

Tour de France stages in the attached. Not much time trailing but some hefty mountain stages.

Alp stages follow the Pyrenees this time.

Straight forward Pog GC?

Definate podium you’d think, but that was always going to be the case no matter the course I’d say. Deffo going in as favourite I suppose.

Without knowing much on his team this year he has seemed pretty easy to isolate at times. Maybe Jumbo can take advantage on some of the stiffer climbs?

Jonas is making everyone look very silly at the Dauphine…

Pog v Jonas again, you’d think.

Everyone else is chasing bronze.

Gino Mader died this morning after falling into a ravine yesterday during the Tour of Switzerland!

Awful news.

After soo many times you have to start questioning the decissions, no?

That’s no Tour of France.
Paris looks very isolated in the North there! :rofl:

Since when does your mean visiting everywhere?

For me it’s the stage breakdown that’s important. Create the conditions that makes the TdF what it is, don’t sell out just to visit a pretty town somewhere.

Although, they have done that at the beginning of many previous tours.

Argh ignore me.

Brilliant this… Heart in Mouth Time Watching the Races - Put in TV Thread Also

Finished it last night.

Really enjoyable.

1 Like

The Basque country looks like it’s gotten plenty of rain through the spring. Lush vistas through this descent.

2 Likes

Thoughts on the sprint finish yesterday?

I was watching it live and thought ‘woah’…but the replays showed the barriers weren’t the best design.

A real 50/50 imo, in which case I would err on doing nothing.

1 Like

It’s far from where I live however I’ve never seen it so green at this time of year. June was more like autumn than beginning of summer. Hot and humide, insects everywhere.

1 Like

Here’s Fabio Jakobsen on today’s finish: “Today looks good,” he told Eurosport this morning. “You’ve got a few corners but it’s wide. The last 750m is in as straight line so if you have the horses and the position then you can do it and at least [unlike yesterday] a straight line is a straight line, eh?”

1 Like

Pogacar lost a bit of time. Seems to have lost a bit of the invincibility from two years ago, though I suspect he also hasn’t had enough time to train because of the wrist.

1 Like