The Film Thread

Here it is. The famous “utterly refuse to engage the point that has been raised” discussion style.

Each of the first three Indy films have have a female character of similar level of importance to the film, each at times as antagonistic to Indy as the Waller Bridge character was.

This new film was shit. But the criticism of Waller Bridge’s character for being the cause of that is based on a film that doesn’t exist (one where she becomes the new Indy).

3 Likes

Because a dwarf can’t pull a trigger or be a semi function alcholic that shags around?

It would be so much easier for him to navigate through those laser security sensor traps

Ooofff, look at me, assuming it would have to be a him :see_no_evil:

Game Of Thrones Drinking GIF by Sky

1 Like

darby o’gill is offended by these remarks on the little people.

1 Like

Have you seen it?

See @Sweeting answer.
But it matters zero what colour your politics is…
Mermaids, on the other hand…theres a hill to die on.

In fairness, this all got sidetracked back to mermaids. The point is a person who isn’t white as snow and 6 people who aren’t dwarfs playing the leads in a story that’s called exactly that.

So I finally got around to watching Ocean’s 8 and the Ghostbusters reboot…

So I ask you again, where was your outrage when these people werecast as dwarfs, or did that not matter because they were all white men?

Since you brought it up earlier, neither actor in Brokeback Mountain was homosexual. Did that detract from the story? Where was your outrage then?

(These are rhetorical. I don’t actually care, I’m just making a point about how selective your outrage about casting is)

2 Likes

GIF by NETFLIX

I dont expect you to have memorized every post here, but I would expect that these comments about the film would be taken at face value as being formed as a result of having watched it.

But…

Missed it. I don’t have an encyclopaedic knowledge of the forum. I’m not sure what I was doing at 10am today….

If you go back to my posts about this at the time, you’ll see I was outraged that a manc was playing a role from one of my fav childhood books. BYW, they would all have been white because, ahem, THEY LIVE UNDER THE GROUND!!!

My point was hardly that they were white, but they weren’t being played by dwarf actors, which is what you were claiming was the problem with the Snow White film.

“6 people who aren’t dwarfs”

Since none of the actors in the Hobbit playing dwarfs were dwarfs you should have been equally outraged But you weren’t because the problem for you is actually the skin color.

Though you’ll never admit it, if 7 white non-dwarfs had been cast in this film, there wouldn’t be any problem here.

I bet the fat one isn’t even a real ginger.

Famously all animals that burrow and live in dens are white, very well known science. All dwarves as well, obvs. Goes without saying.

2 Likes

Yes because brightly coloured small fluffy mammals last a really long time with foxes about. You should read about Darwin’s thoughts on the subject, fascinating stuff. Why do you think all wild rabbits are grey? And mice?

1 Like

Oh yes there would……

And moles, and voles, and…

Wild Cottontail or Domestic Bunny? — Save SomeBunny.

Have a read on color of wild bunnies lol

1 Like

Thumper and Timkerbell (our bunnies) send their regards.