The Film Thread

The Revenant was in TV last night so watched it again. Been a while.

Such a brutal film.

1 Like

Falling Down for movie night yesterday, so, so good :slight_smile:

1 Like

For me nothing comes close to Infinity War and Endgame.

Great movie but a bit too much for me

I should watch this one again. I liked it when it was originally out but I always thought it was a bit of a cop-out in that it turns out he has always had psychopathic tenancies and eventually snaps due to societal pressures, rather than being someone that society had created in the first place. It’s the sort of film that I think Clint Eastwood would have been suited to directing.

1 Like

Agreed. Watch it again and we can break it down.

That’s the point of the film though (and the factual story on which it’s based)

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I can believe it and why I haven’t watched it again since I first saw it shortly after it’s dvd release.

Much easier this time round and I was able to appreciate the performances etc. in it.

Still an incredibly gruesome and “heavy” film though.

1 Like

It’s not, it’s a bear faced lie down :wink:

It is based on the story of Hugh Glass, who was abandoned after a bear attack and crawled, then floated on a handmade raft, to the nearest fort.

I get you what you mean about it seeming unrealistic though. They make some unneccessary changes. One of the changes made by the movie that makes it seem so unrealistic is the weather. The bear attack happened in the late summer/early autumn so he would not have been crawling through ridiculous amounts of snow or wading through freezing rivers with open wounds which absolutely would have ended him. The story of how he got to safety is impressive enough; no need to embellish it

2 Likes

Leo did his own grunts though

1 Like

He fucked the bear. I heard Cruise is known to fuck his bears as well

girlfriend asks GIF

season 1 episode 3 GIF by Sorry For Your Loss

Finch is well worth the watch.

Very cool movie that’s able to produce a contrasting set of emotions that you almost kinda forget what the film was originally supposed to be about. Tom Hanks delivers like only Tom Hanks knows how to.

bbc GIF

Reviews are starting to come out for Killers of the Flower Moon and so far they seem pretty great

Tbf he has thrown a kettle over a pub. What have you done?

Was hoping to see The Last Voyage of the Demeter…
Seems to be an issue with distribution?

65 was revolting, grotesque. The insect spewing about in her mouth, I mean wtf. Some
nasty ass giant lizard dragging the poor girl. Adam Driver almost drowning in some stench pit pool. Relieved they managed to escape in the end but never watching that again.

Thought it was pretty tame to be honest. It’s a 12 for a reason. You must have a fairly sheltered film viewing history to be disturbed by that.

For a film with dinosaurs and an apocalyptic event it was devoid or tension and suspense though.