1 Like

Long overdue :heart:

4 Likes

From the golden globes last night. I find this oddly wholesome

https://x.com/FilmUpdates/status/1744159330235040156?s=20

2 Likes

Childhood friends.

1 Like

Seeing The Book of Clarence get a lot of criticism for being “blasphemous” and generally the reaction looks similar to that of Life of Brian.

Which is good enough for me, going to see it this afternoon.

3 Likes

Sounds great, off to google…

Its actually a story of a man finding his faith after starting as a non-believer. Its a good movie with a lot of things to say about religion, class, race and police brutality.

There are comedic elements but its not a straight comedy.

1 Like

Thinking of seeing ’ A Boy and The Heron’ and ‘The Society of the Snow’. This coming weeks.

5 Likes

Watched The Whale last night.

Great performance.

Does anyone here use Letterboxd?

I often find myself forgetting what I’ve watched so thinking of using it, but not sure if it’s worth the effort or, if it is, what is the best way to do it.

That’s been on my list for a while but keep putting it off as I don’t feel I’m in the right mood for it.

1 Like

Started watching season 1 of slow horses which I’m enjoying.

2 Likes

Very good. Is there a film version?

No but you can always watch it at 1.5x speed - it’s like a Trott. Wouldn’t recommend a gallop though as would be a bit hard to follow. Does that help?

Not at all.

I thought it was a TV series.

Yes it is a tv series, no idea if a movie made but it’s worth the extra slow burn time. Premise of season 1 is incompetent spooks who have been relegated to working out of Slough house become embroiled with dodgy actions from Thames house.

I thought it was about a peaceful mild mannered man driven crazy by people posting stuff in the wrong thread.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be a big pale ale fan myself

My partner has almost 0 knowledge of any films made more than about 10 years ago, and so we’ll occasionally sit down to watch “classics”. On Friday we watched Brewster’s Millions and thankfully she loved it. One of the “if you liked this then…” recommendations we got was Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. She loves Steve Martin in OMITB but dont think she’s seen him in anything else, so I recommended that for the next night. I described it to her what it was about and she said it sounded like a Rebel Wilson film she had wanted to watch.

It turns out there is a Rebel Wilson-Anne Hathaway remake called The Hustle. It is an at times a scene for scene remake, just with the gender roles flipped, and with actors with zero charm, zero chemistry, and (outside of Rebel’s one note “Im overtly sexualizing this situation, which is funny because Im a fat lass” schtick), not a comedic bone between them. I laughed more at Schindler’s List. 0 out of 5 stars.

4 Likes

Hollywood does not do this, just like they never repeat body swap movies.

Get her to watch Idiocracy, every day that passes, it’s getting closer and closer to historical documentary.