The Film Thread

Someone said he was a stunt, but I may have misheard :thinking:

1 Like

Or stunted?

1 Like

Cruise never was an actor as such, he is a movie star. He’s the big name that they add to a release to grab the attention of the public and, in fairness, he has made a hell of a lot of movies that I really enjoyed.

Then again, his films are quite formulaic, as Rich Hall once noted:

2 Likes

Way too much hypnotism going on in Hypnotic that I feel hypnotised myself. Having to recap the whole film backwards soon after I’ve watched it. My head hurts Robbie.

I like Rich Hall, he did some great programmes for the BBC on American culture and history.

1 Like

We watched the Kitchen on Friday, Daniel Kaluuya’s directorial debut. The world building was interesting, but the social commentary it so clearly intended itself to be just never seemed to materialize beyond the entirely superficial. Instantly forgettable unfortunately.

2 Likes

Dune Pt2 - March 2024

Zendaya arrives at the world premiere of Dune: Part Two in London. The sands of Arrakis replaced the red carpet in Leicester Square on Thursday evening for the star-studded cast of the sci-fi epic. Anya Taylor-Joy also confirmed rumours she will be part the ensemble as Canadian director Denis Villeneuve takes UK audiences back to the desert planet on 1 March 2024.

2 Likes

I wonder who she’ll play? She already looks rather other-worldly.

1 Like

Yeah- she’s got a really weird face.

I don’t know the specifics of the scenario and if it will cover some storylines that come later in the books but I imagine she’d make a great choice for grown up version of Alia Atreides.

1 Like

I just looked it up and it was a (very young) Alicia Witt in the 1980s film so I could see that working.

Anna Taylor - Joy