The Film Thread

Sorry for you Sweetie, but I have the solution. Just type into google “Craig Johnston inventor rapper superstar” and you will be showered with top notch content.

I’d be interested if there was some way of cleaning up browser history like that - or at least have some sort of reverse filter that would exclude anything that has the word “woke” used as a pejorative.

The only thing I do use is privacy mode on the browser - I need to look up lots of medical terms with my work so I’d rather not have that cluttering my search history.

2 Likes

It’s easy to see how impressionable kids get pushed down political rabbit holes by things like YouTube.

1 Like

On mobile and smart TV apps, go to Settings > History & privacy to delete all or some of your activity to reset your recommendations . On desktop, go to Your data in YouTube > Manage your YouTube history > Delete.

1 Like

WOW… Looks a completely different guy -

John Goodman looks completely different after dropping a whopping 200lbs.

It comes after John vowed to completely transform his life and adopt a healthy lifestyle back in 2007 and seems he’s definitely been keeping up with his plan. John previously weighed 28 stone and He became synonymous with his larger frame being cast in many roles geared towards that before he decided to embark on a weight loss journey.

4 Likes

Watched Monkey Man last night (glad I did because I missed that shit show of a match)

Not as good as reviewed but recommendable. John Wick-esque but with more dialogue.

1 Like
1 Like

Yeah, saw the trailer.

Would have preferred Margot Robbie to reprise the role though.

He does look like Amorim, doesn’t he?

I suppose he does bear a passing resemblance!

1 Like

When you look like Patel
And you press like hell
That’s Amorim

Eagerly anticipating this one after the first being, in my opinion, disturbingly brilliant.

1 Like

Watched Dumb Money last night, a comedy about the Game Stop short squeeze. It’s a narrow perspective, focusing on one of the few people involved who did so because of genuine belief in the stock, but pretty funny.

1 Like

Emily the Criminal -

Not seen Plaza in too many roles before but didn’t think she could pull off a serious one quite like this. A desperate women who doesn’t hesitate resorting to crime to make some buck after struggling to land an ordinary job due to her previous. Decent little indie film which just gets straight to the point.

Not sure if I should post here or the TV Thread but I just watched the Scoop biopic about Prince Andrew’s car crash interview on Newsnight.

Overall I was quite impressed by it. Gillian Anderson is exceptional as Emily Matlis. You could believe it was her.

Rufus Sewell plays Prince Andrew. The interview bits are spot on. I’m not sure whether the other portrayals are accurate (I was once in a meeting when he was present so I have seen him in real life), a few scenes seemed like a parody.

The one thing I was puzzled at is why the Palace didn’t pull the interview at the time as it must have been obvious that it was a huge mistake.

Gillian Anderson is an exceptional actor; Rufus is leagues below.

I’ve always quite liked Rufus but he does tend to play pantomime villains.

Watched Poor Things.
Its absolutely brilliant.
Emma Stone is superb, deserved her Oscar and Willem Dafoe is sublime.

At times you think Tim Burton is directing, the imagery and the pure wildness of ideas.

Best movie I have seen in a while.

2 Likes

Just watched that, based upon your recommendation. A visually stunning film, but the plot is a bit meh. The colours and settings reminded me of Wes Anderson more than Tim Burton.

Worth a viewing, all the same.

1 Like

I nearly walked out after five minutes. Glad I didn’t though because it’s an extraordinary film. Disturbing, funny and impressive.

The dance scene.

1 Like