The Film Thread

The dance scene will become an iconic part of cinema.

1 Like

I actually liked the plot, or almost lack of plot. We knew what was going to happen,but all the vision made that acceptable.

Its neither new nor challenging.
But its not XXX or anything like that in terms of lacking substance over style.
In this instance style is substance.

I’m watching Kong: Skull Island (because I’m drunk and don’t fancy anything challenging) and was wondering if Brie Larson has siblings called Epoisses and Ossau-Iraty. .

1 Like

Rebel Moon Part 2 is out.

Fell asleep during the first 30 minutes of Part 1 twice.

Is Part 2 good enough to give Part 1 a third try?

Sweeting thinks so

1 Like

Saw dune II today as I was a bit randomly at Leicester Square and had a bit of time between meet ups… but it was a strange experience.

It was just a bit wanting in all departments but for a high octane movie - it delivers… I love the books and these movies are sprawling enough - but somehow they cater to franchise rather than spirit.

Still enjoyed them but came away from both with a, « it could have been better » and « eh, it’s better than most things I’ll see »….

3 Likes

Took me a moment or two recognising this guy… Will put it out there

1 Like

Waynes World Thumbs Up GIF by Hollywood Suite

In The Land of Saints and Sinners

Another 1 to throw into the ‘easily forgettable’ index sadly. Too dull too often and the action part never really gets going until the last half hour, the strong Irish accent made it hard to comprehend at times & does Neeson ever play a character where he’s not coming to the rescue a young girl? :man_shrugging:

On the plus side, Kerry Condon is so hot that I almost shed a few tears in the end despite her playing the bad side.

Just glad he never pumped his money into the blueshite… couldn’t face having my loyalties tested :0)

Will Ferrell 'buys large stake’ in Leeds after ‘falling in love’ with English football

Acting and comedy royalty Will Ferrell has purchased a significant stake in Leeds United ahead of their Premier League play-off push, according to reports

I thought Ferrell had previously said he was a Liverpool fan?

I heard he was a Chelsea fan… but maybe, more a fan of football in general

thank Ryan Reynolds for this one.

1 Like

Peter Jackson to make a trilogy of 3 hour films based on one line of dialogue in the book.

1 Like

Ker-ching.

You know you’ll still watch it.

I’m now home from the pub and about to watch the original Nikita (French).

I’ll see you all later.

Paused the film for a pee. Going back to seeing how Josephine gets on.