The Film Thread

I have not even watched Train to Busan. I love horror movies but zombie movies are just…coming to that, if zombies infection becomes real life, I will just sit down and be bitten…too tiring to run away from them…

1 Like

I wouldn’t call it a horror at all to be honest. More of a monster feasting fest and constantly on the run type thing. Some of the zombie scenes were pretty good to be fair, the mad scramble etc.

2 movies on my future radar will be the new Batman film and Dune.

Speaking about South Korean movies, you can’t go wrong with Memories of Murder, Mother and The Host. Add the Man from Nowhere if you want good fun action. Or even I Saw the Devil, if you enjoyed Oldboy.

I enjoyed Oldboy 2013 with Josh Brolin, very good movie :+1:

Then I watched the original :heart_eyes:

Cheers mate, that looks good, I’ll have to give it a watch

1 Like

been singing this song in gibberish spanglish all week

the actor ben johnson (shane, the last picture show, hang ‘em high) was a rodeo national champion who first worked in films as a stunt rider, then john ford gave him a role in his film’3 Godfathers’

This should be just take it or leave it drôle humour, but because it’s written / directed by and starring David Lynch it’s quite disturbing:
https://www.netflix.com/title/81226955?s=a&trkid=13747225&t=cp

JP and IP where the same for me, and I was 8/9 when JP came out. Both films I saw at the cinema

Wasn’t fussed about Armageddon, loved Training Day. Loved Tremors (Kevin Bacon), and the Ace Ventura movies.

I watched The Gentlemen last weekend, it’s on Amazon Prime I think.

Guy Ritchie movie - with a decent cast, including Charlie Hunnan, M McConaughey, Colin Farrell, and Hugh Grant. I usually dislike Grant, probably to do with the roles he usually plays, but he was excellent.

Worth a watch if you liked Ritchies Lock Stock and Snatch.

4 Likes

The new Borat film is a must watch. I actually found the first one to be a bit tired, like the concept had already run its course. Not only did it benefit from the time gap, they used that well in the “plot”.

4 Likes

I finished watching this yesterday. So many laugh out loud moments…I can’t decide which was my favourite.

And I’m also learning that I don’t know how to do spoilers on here so I can’t even list them. @discobot has failed me. Twat.

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like
Now I feel better. Please...send help.

My top 3 are

1- Moonblood
2- Moonblood
3- Moonblood

3 Likes

Haha…I was trying to reference that in my spoiler because that was utterly horrific. Brilliantly and utterly horrific.

The other moment that I was going to mention (there are so many) is when he disappears to the toilet with the smart phone and the 'phone’s being mirrored on the widescreen tv in the store… :rofl:

1 Like

Interesting sports film documentary being released called The 3 Kings, based around the similarities and their achievements of 3 iconic managers who influenced British football, Bill Shankly, Matt Busby and Jack Stein.

Will be on Amazon Prime soon, but is doing the rounds in the cinemas for a few weeks.

3 Likes

Started a Studio Ghibli binge because it’s been a while since I watched anything they put out. It all still holds up as charming and engrossing as the other times I’ve binged their movies. Spirited Away and Only Yesterday done so far on this binge. Princess Mononoke up next I think.

2 Likes

Studio Ghibli is gooooooood :heart_eyes: . Didn’t like Spirited Away that much but Princess Mononoke is awesome.

3 Likes

Thanks you for your post that make benefits to the peoples of this forum.
Chenqui :woman_white_haired: :point_down:

Thoroughly recommend watching Official Secrets, a true story about a courageous and principled woman working for British Intelligence.

Really reminds you about what a corrupt and insidious government we had during Blair’s second term in office. Fucking disgusting. He ought to be in The Hague.

2 Likes