The Film Thread

If you look at True Romance IMBD, everyone in it is famous, it’s crazy. I feel like it fell through the cracks a bit, it’s great.

Hopper/ walken scene probably my favorite. It’s so good

1 Like

Not often im excited by a film but really looking forward to this. Think Martin McDonaughs best work was In Bruges so seeing him return to a smaller setting with Farrell and Gleeson has me interested.

On that note, also rewatches In Bruges for the umpteenth time. Doesnt get old. Absolutely brilliant.

3 Likes

3 out of 4 starring Kevin Spacey.

The True Romance soundtrack (that I have on CD) is as good as the film and cast.

1 Like

Just seen Top Gun: Maverick for the 4th time since it was released on Prime. Love it. Despite the brilliant fighter scenes my favourite part is probably the kid in the diner. He delivers his line perfectly.

£10 says the next bond is at least gay. Maybe black too and trans would be a great trifactor. Not sure which gets them the most diversity points. Unless BB breaks with the current Hollywood trends. Bond as a straight white middle aged man is a dinosaur. Apparently. Who’d want to please the fans who actually watch the films?

1 Like

I very much doubt the next Bond will be played by a trans actor, could be played by a gay actor (though the character won’t be) and only a racist or someone who takes Bond far too seriously would care if the actor was black or asian.

The producers mostly want someone tall and close to age 30 apparently.

2 Likes

I’d rather they just came up with a whole new character for a totally different franchise for that to be honest. Let Bond be Bond, someone a bit broken with a license to kill.

Plenty of scope for something else.

3 Likes

I would love to see a 4ft tall, 87 year old Bond. Revolutionise the series.

3 Likes

For some reason I can see Henry Cavill getting it. No reason in particular.

Depends how serious they are on the age thing. At 39 now he’s well away from the reported early 30s and that not considering even when they actually start filming.

Don’t know much about Timothy Dalton and George Lazenby.

I might be wrong with this but it always seemed to me that Daniel Craig and Pierce Brosnan were no big names in the acting world and taking the Bond role catapulted their careers.

Roger Moore and Sean Connery on the other hand were already huge and didn’t actually need the Bond thing.

So I wonder which of the two was the bigger ‚star‘ / more decorated before becoming Bond?

Pierce Brosnan was highly sought after for the role because of a tv show he was starring in - Remington Steele, so is somewhat comparable to Roger Moore I think. Daniel Craig had been in a few tv shows and movies before his stint as bond - layer cake being the one I remember.

2 Likes

Absolutely love Spacey as an actor.
I probably wouldn`t go for a walk in the park with him or attend one of his parties though.

1 Like

went to a late night showing in the local cinema when true romance first came out,
none of my mates wanted to go (they thought it a romance film)

dragged my older sister along (she had some dope to smoke after all)!

got into the cinema, the place was near empty…

what a film i thought, brilliant…

they showed it again a few weeks later, i managed to drag a couple of mates along,

the cinema was packed this time (word of mouth spreads quick in a small town) and my mates raved about the film!

still 1 of my favorite films, great cast and soundtrack too.

had that soundtrack too, until my mate nicked it!

2 Likes

I’m yer man. :+1::nerd_face:

2 Likes

Late as always I watched The Batman last night.

Oooh that was good, very good. Very true to the earlier Batman comics.

3 Likes

Yeah, they were well enough known, but definitely not marketable film stars. For Brosnan, I’d imagine that for a lot of British people they were most familiar with him from the furor of him not getting it when Dalton got it rather than for any work he’d actually done (his most successful thing was a US show that I dont know was shown in hte UK)

2 Likes

I enjoyed that. I must be getting old.

2 Likes