The Film Thread

Yes, Disney is one of my things.

The Disney thing will be interesting to watch. Gonna be tough for Iger to shine this time.

Personally, I hate what the company became under Iger, even though it made boatloads of money.

Tarantino isn’t a fan either.

1 Like

You’re missing out, the Harry Potter franchise is genuinely one of the best extended film series around. The main three; Radcliffe, Watson and Grint are not great actors (which is fair given they were children for half the series) but the supporting cast is tremendous.

John Hurt, Robbie Coltrane, Maggie Smith, Julie Walters, Jason Isaacs, Timothy Spall, David Tennant, Roger Lloyd Pack, Michael Gambon, David Bradley, Warwick Davis, Gary Oldman, Emma Thompson, Helena Bonham Carter… I’ve probably forgotten a few but its an amazing list of the best British actors around.

Ralph Fiennes is great as Voldemort but Alan Rickman steals the show with his portrayal of Sirius Snape, making him one of the greatest characters in modern film.

3 Likes

Fun fact, Bob Iger’s son was one of the campers at the summer camp I worked at in 2014 and 2015.

1 Like

So, do I have this right?

Marvel has “Replac[ed] almost every single man with a strong woman in the M she U” and so the returning head of Disney, the man who was Kennedy’s boss for all but the last 2 years of her time running the studio" has now decided she should be removed because of the failure of that philosophy, despite being on board with it when he was overseeing it, and despite it being a criticism of a different studio anyway?

Yes, I never said the Disney board was competent.

Shame they never got round to a sequel

1 Like

They’re making a tv series, though I don’t know if it’s a remake, reboot or sequel.

For Apple tv

Bram Stoker’s Dracula

4 Likes

The Fifth Element

And…Sid and Nancy

And, the original…The Firm

1 Like

Nipples. For men!

One of the best films ever. I think its kind of like the original point break. Its a movie that shouldnt work, but there is a lightening in a bottle quality to it that mean it did and any attempt to recapture that will result in a big fail. Gilliam was such a unique film maker that I think that makes his work so more applicable to that truism. Just leave it alone and enjoy the original over and over and over again.

How long have you been a robber?
[replies confidently] 4 foot 1
Good lord. 4 foot 1? Well, that that that that that is a long time. 4 foot 1? Very good!

1 Like

I am the Walrus… :rofl:

1 Like
1 Like

I want this…

Although always get a bit nervous about these sorts of things in case it shows one of your hero’s in a bad light!

1 Like

Candy’s definitely renowned for being a good, low-ego guy, and I think it comes through in his performances. Good to see Planes, Trains and Automobiles getting a new shout. Hilarious movie.

2 Likes

one of my favorite John Candy moments (aside from the Bear scene in Great Outdoors) was the polka band from Home Alone… just deadpan…

4 Likes

So glad they didn’t, imagine funny short people in a film today…….

I would only have wanted a sequel if it was made fairly soon after the original with the same cast. I can’t imagine it with different actors in the lead roles.

1 Like