The Film Thread

Tarantino

1 Like

Fr Christmas looks as convincing as i do when I do it.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Just watched Synchronic on Netflix. Couple of years old now, but one that had flown under my radar. Interesting idea, but takes it’s time to get to the really interesting stuff. Maybe worth a watch if you’re a sci fi fan.

The least good film from Benson and Moorhead, in my opinion - great premise and directing, decent performances from the actors but the film should have been at least an hour longer and the script should have been more detailed than that.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s the big problem with sci fi. Interest idea, but then the jumps in logic and contrivances used to get to the next point in the story leave you shaking your head.

“Oh, I went back 10s of 1000s years more this time because I was standing 2 feet to the left?” Yo, that is bad science, my friend.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see Something in the Dirt, though. I read it got raving reviews and I’m a sucker for their films. It’s like when you find some album from an unknown band, get completely floored by it and then you find out they have a few more that are at least as good as that one and that they’re about to release a new one. One of the best feelings in the world if you ask me.

Well, I’m officially done with Robert Eggers. How he’s managed to make historical New England (which is something I always have an interest in), Willem Dafoe going insane and now the Vikings, all so bloody boring, I’ll never understand.

accuse season 3 GIF

angry season 3 GIF

angry season 3 GIF

1 Like
4 Likes
4 Likes

Just saw this, oh my god! Millenium Falcon, so cool. But if rumours are to be believed, I’m going to be very grumpy at the end……

What a year it’s going to be! Feels like this year has fell short in epic movies.

2 Likes

The Indi movie looks absolutely terrible. Reading twitter last night about it and saw a ot of overlap between people who reacted positively to it with those who liked the Crystal Skull. And amazingly, lots of those hated Last Crusade, which is blasphemy.

2 Likes

Yes, obviously can’t fully tell from just a short trailer, but there were a lot of red flags like ‘hey, remember when Indy did this - well look, he’s doing it again only slightly different’ eg boulder, dressed as nazi, sword vs gun same energy as whip vs guns, bringing Sallah out of retirement (though I do quite like Sallah).

I actually couldn’t even tell you the title without looking it up.

One things for sure, though I’m certainly not going to write it off without seeing it just because incels can’t cope with the next film possibly having a female lead.

I dont even mind reusing all those tropes. You put Indi in the 30s and make him a treasure hunter, the Nazis are always going to be a viable foe. My issue is the guy is 80 years old. If you want to do another one treat that seriously. If he cant do the action stuff he used to do change course, focus on the professorial aspect of the character rather using (bad) CGI to put the guy through these same action sequences.

Crystal skull was nonsense. Inverse law to Toy Story which got better 123. Indy went 1324 for me. 5, well, let’s see. But the rumours………

Quite an old one but just showed up. Worth a trip down 007 memory lane. Last paragraph is very apt:

Halfway through watching Troll on netflix, and so far it has been a massive meh!

I had hoped it to be similar to Troll Hunter, but sadly it has been a massive let down

Who’s seen Poker Face with Russel Crowe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0za-TZfUk0