The Film Thread

I’m pretty sure the blonde one is Helen Mirren,the brunette looks familiar but not sure.

Is it Diana Rigg :man_shrugging:

From sunny Donny…I think…

Diana Rigg (Emma Peel) and Helen Mirren? Both Dames now. :sunglasses:

FIFY

1 Like

Just got back from Black Panther 2 and I was very happy with how they handled everything.

With how they handled it - maybe yes.

But the movie was very disappointing imho.

I liked it as a film in it’s own right.

Watched it now. I liked the style and tone of it, and the casting was good. If I’m being critical the pacing was a bit off and I was bored a few times in the first couple of hours. Could have cut out half and hour without losing anything and improved things.

The DC universe is a mess as mentioned earlier in this thread, and I’m not sure if/when they are doing a follow up, but they have done that thing that DC like to do in shooting their load early with all the main villains in the first film. They could probably manage a sequel with Barry Keoghan , but I personally can’t see them building much beyond that or managing to incorporate into a shared universe with anything else they currently are doing.

Diana Rigg sadly no longer with us of course :frowning: Her last role was in ‘Last Night In Soho’.

1 Like

Sam Rockwell is fantastic in this. Such an underrated gem.

Just a different rhythm

Absolutely love Paddy.
Watch this before you die and squeeze in Journeyman as well

1 Like

Dead Man’s Shoes is one of my favourite movies. He does menacing so well!

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen this year;

Best Films of 2022 - Top Gun, The Gray Man, Scream 5, The Adam Project

Worst films of 2022 - Matrix, Spiderhead, Me Time, The 355

Pretty hit and miss from Netflix, which compared to recent years turns out being a much improved year.

Harrisson Ford ? :see_no_evil:

Iron Man…

Yep.

I love Medieval/Vikings/Dark Age etc epics so I really wanted to like The Northman but yeah by the end of the movie I was completely checked out. Way too much dreamy vision nonsense.

2 Likes

Is anyone actually a fan of Keanu Reeves? No matter what work he’s involved in it’s as though he can’t seem to shake off this bland wooden character that he portrays and maybe it’s just him as a person (even in the John Wicks Imo).

Siberia and Destination Wedding are unwatchable, and I don’t say that about a lot of films…the dialogue oh my god the dialogue, easily 2 of the worst you’ll find & then you have The Whole Truth whilst possessing a very compelling story to it and has some good elements to it such as how it’s all unraveled at the end but comes with the misfortune of the many plot holes along the way and yet another bland wooden delivery from Reeves…in a courtroom drama.