The Film Thread

I meant more that even the seven samurai is most likely based on a generic sentiment - the tale of mysterious strangers coming in to save a desperate community is a universal theme that easily resonates across times and cultures.

Watched Creed 3 at the cinema tonight. Worst of the three movies.

Jonathan Majors saves it a bit for me.

2 Likes

Watched Godfather III yesterday and was left disappointed… kept me watching it (whilst channel hopping admitedly), hoping it’d improve, but in the end I was left with the impression I was swindled and that it was a cliché of a cliché.

Brilliant film this 1…gone up in my books after re-watching last night.

1 Like

The original movie was great. :+1:

Anyone guess the legend…?

It’s not Michael Douglas is it?

Jennifer Aniston

Gene Hackman

…and we have a winner - Gene Hackman - 93yrs young
Hope his eyesight is intact behind the wheel of that 4x4…!

2 Likes

Mediocre script + Gene Hackman = memorable film.

One of my all-time favorite actors. That first photo looks nothing like him. Never would have guessed. The second pic does look like him, though.

3 Likes

Have Covid again so have spent the last two days watching films:

Erin Brockovich 9/10
Good Will Hunting 9/10
The Fighter 7.5/10
The Bank of Dave 7/10
Moneyball 6.5/10
Fall 6.5/10
Final Destination 3 10/10

2 Likes

watched that on Sky Sports last Sunday at 4.30pm…

It’s not :disappointed: he thought that brown thing is the drive thru order machine for Mcds

1 Like

Oh, that’s curious. I thought that was one of the weaker ones in that film series. I still think it’s a great concept for a horror film though: trying to second guess what peculiarly freak sequence of events will bump off the protagonists. A bit like a particularly grizzly episode of Casualty.

1 Like

Watched Luther: The Fallen Sun earlier.

Miles off the quality of the original series. Absolutely nonsensical for the most part and a waste of a good cast. Another failure to add to Netflix’s growing list.

Andy Serkis’ hair as well…Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Watching Waynes World,

Forgot how funny it is

Schwing…

4 Likes

Just caught up on the Oscars and it’s one of my favourites ever because every one of these people are delightful.

2 Likes

Full weekend of movies with Jnr as Mrs was away and we both needed a little down time.
Con Air
John Wick 3
6th Sense
Predator
The Princess and the Frog

Preference was for JW3 interestingly. Although Tiana wins hands down.

4 Likes