The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

91e5ec05a998c3657c40477675a42d42818451fd

2 Likes

Feyenoord also sing You’ll Never Walk Alone, for what it’s worth. Sounds dead funny with a Rotterdam accent (but what doesn’t). I went to a few games at De Kuip last season and there’s a cracking atmosphere. The Cruijff Arena was a library in comparison.

8 Likes

a fucking weird coincidence.

2 Likes

May be pushing the point, but it is also sung at Celtic, where Dalglish started his career.

3 Likes

Haha @Mascot and @PeachesEnRegalia

2 Likes

its sung in my house and at anfield… but no fucker is offering my household or going round the fans proposing job offers. It is also sung by people on twitter.

What is even the point?

:joy:

Good to know - literally never heard of him or Amorim and had just expecting Alonso to take over. Who in fairness hasn’t got enough experience to take on LFC with their very demanding fanbase.

I’m still somewhat surprised we didn’t have a succession plan in place (aka a new boot room), especially if Klopp let leadership know months in advance of letting players and everyone else know - which was quite some time ago. Knowing how LFC operates with players, especially during Edwards’ tenure - could it be all in place and they’re just keeping very quiet. But that goes beyond just a replacement manager/coach, its most of the backroom staff too.

Big tick that they are looking at managers with similar playing philosophies to Klopp for me.

The last thing I’d want to see is a squad that was all over the place on the first game of the season.

Sensible to be looking at a smooth transition for the playing squad imo.

Just want to say Francois Plateau is a spoof account, by a poster named Capon Debaser on RAWK.

I saw Walshy and someone else posting him above.

It’s a spoof account.

2 Likes

Oh, something about knowing the club songs in advance.

you lot are only going to appreciate Klopp more once he is gone.It’s going to be massive challenge to even achieve top 4 with the budget your owners wanna spend. Klopp made those lads perform over and above their abilities. Your owners have gone for a yes man who will agree to a budget as equal to a bar of snickers. No wonder your owners are looking for a manager , who is not working in any of the top 5 leagues in Europe. Midtable Mediocre appointment…should have gone for Sean Dyche instead , atleast he has prem experience . lol !!

Received this message today from an ex-colleague who is a united fan. Interesting to hear how other rival fans feel about our pursuit for a new coach. I choose not to respond to the banter for now and probably best to wait for a reply, till something is confirmed by the club. :sunglasses:

1 Like

“You had one of the managerial greats, and he left you as champions in his last season. Was that a decade ago? I never would have imagined, with all your money, that you would go so long without a title. Do you think you are getting closer? Is 6th acceptable? Do you think Ten Hag will get sacked?”

… “On our end, yes, we will miss Klopp. The man is an absolute legend. Let’s see who the new manager is and what he can do. Liverpool fans will back him and give him a chance. YNWA.”

3 Likes

Your ex colleague is a dickhead. You cannot make someone perform over and above their ability. You either have the ability to perform at a certain level or you don’t.

most United fans are dickheads by nature.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1783205523338453430?s=19

Obviously the wrong choice.

(No idea what the article says :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

Whoever it is will have a huge task on his hands. There are some serious issues all over the pitch. Konate is beginning to look like he’s reached his peak, VVD and Robbo aging. Trent is still a conundrum. The defence has looked very shaky in the last month or so.
There’s quality in midfield in Macca, and if Dom can regain his form, otherwise not much to fill one with confidence.
Up front we need a clinical striker who isn’t injury prone. Salah, bless him, looks gone. Breaks my heart to even think it.
On the bright side, there are a number of excellent prospects coming through. Quansah and Bradley have high ceilings and the next crop, Danns, Clark etc look very promising.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s as desperate as that but yeah players like Salah are gone sadly.

Which part don’t you agree with?

I think a fair few players have looked poor since the injuries.

Robbo put in a couple of really good displays recently, Trent I’m not sure about all anymore. VVD looks far more solid with Quansah so I do agree with you on Konate.

Dom evidently hasn’t recovered from whatever it was.

And Klopp’s played that midfield of Macca and Jones 3 times and it’s looked totally garbage 3 times. I’d give Elliott and Clark more game time now as whatever happened to Jones he hasn’t recovered from and if Gakpo isn’t back soon stick Jones up front as it’s not working in the middle.

1 Like