The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

To me that’s a school boy error there , coming out and speaking like that already. Not only is this disrespect to Feyenoord, I feel it’s also a disrespect to Klopp, as he is still the boss and his response seems completely against our club ethos. Just keep it under the wraps, till anything is confirmed.

He should have simply said something like

“I am currently associated with Feyenoord and fully focused on finishing the season here. Jurgen Klopp is currently the manager of LFC. I have huge respect for him and the club. We will discuss my future , if there is anything to speak after this season.”

I hope atleast LFC does not offer any confirmation or announcement, till the season ends on the managerial appointment and give Klopp that much respect. He shouldn’t be answering questions about Slot in the matchday press conference on how Slot will continue his legacy. Bollocks. !!

1 Like

It shows an absolute lack of respect for the fans of his current club.

I hope we won’t touch him with a bargepole to be honest.

2 Likes

Not sure who we settle on bringing in, but I hope it’s soon so I can finally get this… :notes: When the Moon’s in the Sky Like a Big Pumpkin Pie - That’s Amorim :notes: tune finally out of my head… It is on a constant loop every time I hear new manager talk… Mind you, I can only blame @Alright_Now_Legend for starting this whole concert off :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Put it down to over excitement and hope the club have got some workshops lined up on dealing with the media because he’ll need to keep his wits about him if he comes to Liverpool.

1 Like

Headline after his first win -

THE SLOT MACHINE

Odds are against him to get his first win in the bag quickly, Euros , followed by a US tour. Hope the fixture list is easy on him. Otherwise, I won’t be surprised Jurgen’s name is being blasted out in the stands :joy:

We really are putting a vast amount of trust in the new guy that comes in… Mid-table mediocrity is not something I want to get used to…!!
The fans need to cut some slack in the early days, until whoever it is has a chance to find his feet in the PL - If the vibes/signs are bad after 12-18months… then it will probably become open-season on everything they have ever said, or done in this period…!
Time to sit on my hands and hold back on an opinion for a while me thinks

1 Like

I would put it down to enthusiasm and naivety.
As for disrespecting Klopp, that’s quite rightly one view.
But it could also give a little boost to the squad in terms of energy, which we have badly needed.

1 Like

Yeah I agree it is. Though if their season is done in terms of nothing to play for, it’s hardly an issue?
Wonder what they think of all this?

I once had George Formby’s “When I’m Cleaning Windows” stuck in my head as a form of tinnitus for about a fortnight. I thought I was going mad but it is a real medical condition.

1 Like

Agree, it could have been completely excitement, and naivety, but it also rings some alarm bells. You are in a business , where you don’t count your chickens before they hatch. British media will have a field day with this guy. Knives will be out from day 1.

At this level, I would say even Amorim’s response was alot better.

As far as the boost to the squad is concerned, I think the last thing this squad wants is to talk about the new manager right now, with Jurgen still at the helm. If he has been deflecting his exit talk at the club till his last game, I am sure the players are instilled to not care about future.
And, to be fair , If I am a senior pro in that team, I will be like , why is this person talking publicly about replacing boss already. This is not the way I have learnt things are done at this club.

Sack him already….

The players could have actually shown up in the last 4 games.

Instead the likes of Jones and Trent jog off without a care in the world and Nunez pulls that stupid smirk for the 15,000 time.

Want to show disrespect to Klopp some of those performances in the last few weeks from players who really shouldn’t be exhausted that’s a right slap in the face.

So I couldn’t give a shit if their feelings are hurt many have hurt my feelings by their lacklustre attitude.

Sorry but the overreaction to some quotes not even attributed and if they are paraphrased really shows how some have become so incredibly unhinged here.

The players probably give as much shit as they gave on Wednesday which for about 8-9 of them was nothing.

3 Likes

maybe theres a bit lost in the context of any given interview…but is anyone else not slightly uncomfortable with his quotes above…i mean, the seasons not over and hes gainfully employed, representing another club, another set of fans, still needs to train another team of players…

honesty in conversations is one thing, but discussing like that in the media…?

is it just me?

2 Likes

Then maybe Klopp shouldn’t have given notice, it is a 2 way sword, I have no problem with either and prefer that it all gets done and dusted

2 Likes

He is dammed one way or other.
Of course we expect him to be respectful, and there is nothing unpleasant in what he is doing…maybe letting Klopp leave before commenting would be better…
On the other hand its nice to see someone being honest for a change. Admitting excitement rather than the usual banal non speak.

6 Likes

So it’s Klopp’s fault now !! Because he announced his departure, Slot’s allowed to come out publicly and say all that and that justifies it.
Klopp announced his departure, so as to give enough time to the club to make the relevant changes in the background. And, Klopp is leading a mass exodus of staff with him as well.The man himself has been deflecting his exit talk to be only discussed at the end of the season.
My only gripe is you do not speak publicly like that, until the club confirms it and I hope the club will not shoot an own goal confirming anything before the last game of the season.

1 Like

Somewhat agree to your point, but the public speaking to me , is a bit naive and does not reflect well, especially going by the ethos we live and die at this club.
I am happy to accept him with open arms, but he has alot to learn to handle the british media once he is here and for me, he should have been a bit respectful towards Klopp and his own club/fans , Just my personal feeling. Nothing against Slot !!

I haven’t read/ heard his comments in full, but I think his comments from what I have seen are being respectful to his own club/ fans by letting them know the situation. He isn’t deflecting and letting them try to figure out according to what is in the media.

4 Likes

Now this, I’m going to throw in your face a lot in the coming years…
For now, Sweeting’s reply got me covered. :grin:

Is it a lack of respect though? Everyone knows that Liverpool are negotiating with Feyenoord - and with him. From what I’ve seen of the clips, he is a straight shooting guy.

Trying to be a different guy now and pretending that he isn’t interested, while simultaneously negotiating is even less respectful in my opinion. He should be himself and his own man… and hopefully his skills match up to our aspirations.

He shouldn’t act fake in front of the fans. That would truly be disrespectful.

5 Likes