The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

It shows that rude aspect he seems to have, precisely because Feyenoord were their rivals. He didn’t care in the least, and fell out with them before going to the big rival.

You are right that Feyenoord fans will care a lot less, and probably show more understanding for him wanting to leave to greener pastures.

Even Klopp is now forced to speak about his potential successors, instead of focusing on his last few matches with us, ffs

This was exactly the thing I was scared about this morning after reading Slots comments and sadly it has led to it.

We still have 4 games to play, a league to try for, it’s not over till the fat lady sings and more over, that’s what being a professional is…finish your job. Unwanted crap for boss to deal with. What do people expect , will he say Slot is a bad manager ? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

People already drawing conclusions about a guy’s character from 5-minute videos in a foreign language, completely oblivious to the surrounding context.

Let’s give him a bit more time before deciding one way or the other. If he ends up being the one, that is.

9 Likes

If Klopp was Dutch, he might have.
( :wink: )

1 Like

Klopp is absolutely a prick when he feels he has to be. You’ve seen him screaming in people’s faces, ruthlessly culling the initial squad he had when he got here (including forcing certain players out against their will), even fighting internally with Michael Edwards and winning out politically. He has the arrogance to believe his decisions are correct or justified. In his situation it is often correct.

We can call it arrogance, self-confidence or whatever other nicer term we use for it but we’re describing the same things. You have to be able to choose a course and stick with it, even if it means ignoring other people’s opinions or maybe even running some people over along the way. That takes an edge.

8 Likes

That’s Klopp’s own fault though isn’t it? He’s announced he is leaving, months ago, and so obviously as the season draws to an end the media are going to start talking past this season.

If he never announced he was leaving these questions wouldn’t be being asked. Klopp must have been aware of this dynamic when he made his announcement.

3 Likes

Sorry mate, now that’s never happening , even he’s dutch. It’s a ludicrous argument to say Slot was correct, by pointing our boss must have been wrong as well,if he was Dutch. I think we are making too much out of this “directness” thing now.

When Rafa joined us, he talked famously about

“I was hoping for a sofa and they’ve brought me a lamp”

Now, that was a proper dig at his owners at Valencia. Was Rafa a dutch ?

Me jokey jokey. Bad sense of humour is a cultural trait where I come from.

2 Likes

Me not jokey, Me touchy for our boss :joy:

1 Like

Yeah sure, but I’m still a bit surprised that the club didn’t tell Slot to keep shtum about everything until it’s settled. If only out of respect for the current boss. And the Dutchman could have been wiser and keep his gob shut.

Anyway, this is a minor story. We’ll see how he does once he’s officially announced, let’s hope for the best.

2 Likes

The dudes come out into the open and spoke what was on his mind, the 2 clubs were already in negotiations, every man and his dog knew this and he said he would like to manage the best club in the world? Is that it? Am I missing something? Well woopty frikkin’ do call 999 there’s a national emergency on the rise.

I love how we’re always supposed to feel some sort of guilt or feel offended on other people’s behalf. Feyenoord fans clearly adore him, the Dutch journo’s I’ve listened to this week speak about him have done so in the utmost kindness, but we should be the ones to tell them how to view him when he walks out the door?

1 Like

I’m sure Klopp would have preferred not to say anything, but that’s not realistic. The story would have leaked the moment the club started approaching potential replacements, if not sooner. It was better for Klopp to reveal this in his own way.

My expectation is for a complete implosion ala Man Utd for whoever takes over. Keep by expectation low so I can enjoy whatever happens :joy:

There simply isn’t another Klopp unfortunately so yeah I’m just going to roll with it and see what happens.

3 Likes

I don’t get the drama at the moment, in my opinion the sooner there is clarity for everyone the better. The new guy is approaching the matter confidently and is obviously looking positively forward to his future, Klopp is also reacting positively and openly.
Everything is fine!
I’ve read that Slot and Lijnders know each other very well and they like each other, so they have certainly already internally talked about it and exchanged information etc. It’s a good thing to have some certainty.

4 Likes

I agree and I think it was better for us as a club too. I just mean that being asked questions about it was inevitable after he did announce it and he must have been expecting this.

The alternative would to say nothing and deny everything, but he probably felt like that would be unfair on us as a fanbase.

1 Like

Earlier this week you were complaining that the actions taken by other managers was a demonstration of the seeming lack of attractiveness of the job and you wanted to see something different. We now get a highly rated coach say “yes fucking please” and you’re not happy about that either.

3 Likes

FFS, I’m just trying to warm up to the idea of having this guy as our next boss, and then I see this:

:fearful: :sweat: :tired_face: :melting_face: :dotted_line_face:

:rofl:

OK, maybe those who are bothered by his openness were hoping for someone else, I understand that. I also have to slowly get used to the idea. But the sooner the matter is off the table, the better. It’s also better for our players and possible new signings that there is now some clarity.

yep yep