The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

I noticed Ten Haag only appears on this and not three other bookies I’ve looked at.

1 Like

Last I heard, Zidane was waiting to coach Marseille, but only if the club was bought by the Saudis.

If Gerrard ever ends up Liverpool manager, I’d consider killing myself

2 Likes

A few years ago, I would have said yes…but that’s a no from me at the moment…

He would be aware of them, but it would be an utterly new environment for him. He wasn’t particularly good as Castilla manager, not as effective as either his predecessor or successor. Granted, neither of those guys won 3 Champions Leagues in a row. But all he has ever done is work with the best players in the world.

Zizou and Mbappe 2024

vive la France

1 Like

It’s April first right? You guys got me good.

You can picture John making the announcement…

"Dear Liverpool fans,

In order to soften the blow of your beloved Jurgen leaving the club, we hereby announce the arrival of Kylian Mbappe on a five year contract on 10p a week."

“Luis Diaz has reluctantly agreed to relinquish the number 7 shirt for our new arrival.”

4 Likes

Many roles to hire at once.

Good luck, LFC.

How long is the ban if you mention “SG”? Using initials just incase it’s permanent.

Jurgen’s press conference

Billy Hogan spoke as well.

I’m going to the pub tonight - much need - but one of the guys is a City fan, so expect him to rub it in…joy

1 Like

I hope City get done on those 115 charges and get relegated!

4 Likes

You could always respond by stating that at least our manager has some integrity.

7 Likes

You beginning to come across as having slightly gay tendencies.

I’m not a fan of red bull clubs that’s all?

I’m not a fan of Red Bull drink. I assumed that the sporting ventures were to take your mind off that disgusting sugary liquid.

Xabi is definitely my preferred pick, but my only concern is whether he’d leave for RM once Ancelotti packs up for Brazil.

Postecoglou has been a lifelong Liverpool supporter, and seems to have turned around Spurs.

De Zerbi’s Brighton teams play excellent football, even as they have to replenish their top talent pretty much every year.

Zidane would be a very surprising appointment. A manager with no premier league ties whatsoever, who has seemingly turned down every managerial appointment offered to him recently. I don’t think he’s a fit here.

Gerrard cost himself the gig by failing at Villa and looking a fool in KSA.

Mourinho would be a hilarious appointment but will never happen for lots of good reasons.

If Alonso became Madrid manager then it would be because he had done well here.

Ange is a bit too early for me to consider but it’s not a bad shout. De Zerbi is taking up a massive step and after Klopp I’d worry where I think Ange could probably take that and Alonso is a former player who would give him some time.

I think Xabi Alonso would be brilliant, however i’d accept Julian Nagelsmann.

I’m glad Jurgen has done this early, when Fergie left Man Utd he announced it towards the end of the season.

Something must’ve happened personally for him to announce this. As his contract was until 2026.

The idea of a U-Turn would be brilliant, though I really don’t think that’ll happen.

Wish him all the best, just not against us.