The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

I doubt he’ll be looking for a part time job which is what coaching the german national team would be. If he does manage to recharge his batteries , I fancy him ending up at a bundesliga team like Stuttgart just for the sheer fun of it.

1 Like

It’s totally out of place to even compare Lijnders to Paisley.

What is there to compare? It’s only theoretical in terms of what we think Lijnders might achieve in his active career, which is just properly starting now as a head coach (his target). He only had a short spell at NEC level.

Who from the outside as fans could’ve predicted Paisley’s success in the context of time when he was still Shanks’ assistant? That he’d go on to win 14 major trophies in 9 years, a phenomenal achievement?

That was also at a different time in football. Although that level of success is rare in any time, it can still happen here and there I guess. Like Tito at Barca.

I’m not saying this pro-Lijnders, but there’s really nothing much to say there totally supportive or dismissive about the idea. We just don’t know. The likelihood is that this type of job right now might be too much for someone like him in most cases.

We’ll see how his career continues.

2 Likes

Simeone according to some. Ugh. I’d just as soon take @cynicaloldgit as a low budget version of Simeone.

1 Like

I thought he was going to spend time in Mallorca, as he was building a house there too.

Do you think he may ever return to Dortmund gor a couple of years?

Klopp once said he doesn’t think he’ll still be on the bench when he’s 60. He will be 58 next year.

The job as national coach would probably be perfect to extend that.

5 Likes

Simeone’s going nowhere, he signed a new deal a few months ago and seems totally committed to Atletico. Like him or not, you have to respect how long they’ve been together. It’s a long time ago since it was sort of publicly predicted that they would burn out soon. They had some better and worse seasons. But overall, it is a successful era for them. I don’t think he’s going to be an option, from both sides.

5 Likes

Millie…it is then…

1 Like

He bought a house on Mallorca already some years ago, and he also has a house on Sylt. Mallorca is more of a part time warm weather destination, i really think he wants to be near by his family.

I just don’t see him going to be a club manager again, but you’ll never know

3 Likes

Moving to Wiesbaden is a smart move. Very close to Mainz. 17 miles to Frankfurt Airport. Close to Frankfurt where the German FA has its base.

2 Likes

We just booked a holiday that has a connecting flight through Frankfurt with a longish layover. I’ll make a stop over at the Wiesbaden house and argue the case to stay

2 Likes

My team would play better football.

2 Likes

Oh yes, Sylt, i heard he goes there alot. Very pretty island.

1 Like

You really don’t know @cynicaloldgit do you? Those Le Gavroche dinners don’t come cheap.

3 Likes

I remember going to Wiesbaden quite a few times when I was younger, with the family. Had a few family friends who lived Frankfurt.
It is a very pretty and compact city, I remember the thermal springs, Kurpark and Taunus Wunderland😀.

I thought German Football federation was based in Stuttgart.

1 Like

No it was always in Frankfurt but they built a new one which was finished two years ago. It’s called DFB Campus and has Sports infrastructure, Administration, sport and science are all under one roof.

1 Like

I don’t think that his new location and the short distances between his family and the DFB campus are a coincidence. I’ve read that his new home should be ready for occupancy in the summer, so it has been planned and under construction for some time.

2 Likes

Wow! :heart_eyes:The DFB campus looks magnificent and state of the art facilities for training and recuperation. Some parts of it looks like a 5 star hotel. It kind of looks abit like Axa Training centre in style but on a massive scale.

With Jürgen being so nearby later in the year, it kind of makes sense to be nearer to DFD headquarters.

1 Like

I hope LFC will in the near future make Jürgen an honary ambassador or something. I am sure that they will give him something so that he keep the links with LFC.

2 Likes

Wrong. He will manage the Bangladesh :bangladesh: national team and take us to World Cup 2030. :partying_face:

2 Likes

Don’t think they need to do anything Maria. The link will always remain and Jurgen will want a break from more being the face stuff - think that and the refs are the biggest reason he wants out.