The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

Sepulveda:

Exclusive. @LFC offers Rúben Amorim a contract for the next three seasons. Financial terms are almost agreed. Negotiations remain positive for Amorim to become Liverpool’s next coach.

3-4 max years is exactly what I was expecting, not more.

1 Like

Agreed. Under FSG, both Rodgers and Klopp were offered initial 3 year deals. First year to settle and see changes, second year, more improvements and move to extend contract, or possibly look elsewhere if things aren’t working.

1 Like

Not at all convinced by this. Hope to be proven wrong.

1 Like

Who would you prefer?

With Alonso out of the running, I would have preferred Nagelsmann.

3 Likes

The story is here:

https://www.givemesport.com/liverpool-ruben-amorim-sporting-cp-manager-news-contract-offer/

If he has been given the job (and whoever it is, I’m convinced it was sorted months ago) it would seem unlikely that it would be announced before the end of Sporting’s season (Portuguese cup on 28th May) unless, of course, they themselves would need to announce their replacement.

2 Likes

At least the league title being sown up

1 Like

I’ve bad vibes about this too. But hopefully he proves us both wrong.

I’m open to it.

No one is going be perfect for the club with Klopp out of the equation.

If he falters we move on and look elsewhere, I don’t think there is a particularly good answer to the question out there.

8 Likes

This. Klopp is perfect. Everyone else is going to be a downgrade.

3 Likes

I am willing to be won over, because in reality Klopp leaves such a big void that there is no one who could come in and not be met by some degree of side eye

6 Likes

It’s sort of why we have implemented the set up we have already with a lot of it running through the youth set up.

1 Like

Xabi always wanted Madrid. I think they gave him the nod.

After that….,

You hope the process pulls a rabbit from a hat. I like Nagelsmann because of experience. But think he is a cock.

So then we are left with a data driven punt. But we are unique. You need personality as well as football smarts. You need to bridge club, fans, city.

I have no idea.

2 Likes

Suggestion he is a very good man manager which does tick one important box for me.

I can’t see a cold distant figure coming in after Klopp and working their magic.

As I said above it’s an impossible choice, Alonso ticked the boxes due to his connection and achievements so far.

2 Likes
1 Like

I have no clue on Amorim. But based on the Daily Mail, the bizarro versions of @SBYM and @PeachesEnRegalia seem to suggest we’ll do well to get him:

‘Ruben is our GOAT (greatest of all time) as a coach,’ says one fan, Martim. ‘That’s it, attacking football, but his personality and the way he speaks and organises his speech is the best thing about him. I’m going to miss him very much.’ Another, Jorge, says: ‘He made our people happy.’

Any of the candidates effectively in the running is already better than Moyes as a succession plan.

(This message is specially crafted for all the forum’s superstitious members)

5 Likes

The club is being run by people with a good track record anyhow.

Unlike Man Utd

2 Likes

Ill Allow It GIF

1 Like

Seems Amorin is looking to be our next manager,know stuff all about him, but there is a lot of positive stuff coming out of Sporting,so it can’t be all bad!
Time they say, will tell, if he does get the nod!

1 Like