The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

I’m wondering when the players will be told who the new boss is. According to Szoboszlai, the playing staff were told Klopp was leaving at a meeting at 10:30 on the day he announced that he was leaving (and this was agreed two month’s previously).

Obviously, the club had managed to keep it quiet for that long but the timing was still curious. It would be bad for an announcement to leak out before the club were ready to make it official. My guess is that we won’t be told (ideally) until both Klopp’s last game, and that of his successor, have been completed.

Of course, it is still possible that the story would leak and the club would be forced to make an announcement of some sort. I’m pretty sure that Alonso making his announcement that he was staying at Leverkusen was to get the speculation and press off his back.

2 Likes

my fear with data driven decision-making is that it cannot measure intangibles such as relationships, personality and charisma and I was always concerned about these guys over-thinking this.

1 Like

Better than Slot

Tuchel?? damn @mattyhurst

Sorry, I’m just worried we are now going pick someone poor.

Honestly, I can´t believe that they still haven´t found someone, they knew since November that Klopp wants to leave. I refuse to believe that they are still sorting through their candidate list. That would be quite irresponsible and amateurish tbf.

It’s probably someone that’s least talked about right now.

4 Likes

Liverpool fans rn:

I am going on record right now and say this: They are going to fuck it up. Edwards after his power struggle run in with Klopp, will not want another bigger than life personality (Amorim has potential to be that). I also think going forward, lfc will be looking more for coaches rather than managers…

2 Likes

Anyone?

snoop dogg liverpool GIF by SB Nation

1 Like

Tuchel will be at ManU or Liverpool next season. :100:

Sure, but I dont see there is much point in being critical of a statistical analysis we know nothing about or how the decision makers contextualize its results.

On the contrary, its relevant to point out that lots of “proper football people” thought Klopp had been found out by the time he left Dortmund yet our data guys identified him as having been as good as ever in the ways that were transferable and repeatable.

2 Likes

Yeah Tuchel :nauseated_face: Doesn’t make a big difference to Morinho, he’ll only stay for 2 years, by then he’ll have messed with everyone, attacked his players, complained publicly that his wishes weren’t fulfilled. Total analyst mixed with a bit of a choleric. No empathy, no self-criticism. Only his playing style is better for the eye tbf

3 Likes

I suspect that would have been when they were looking to speak with potential candidates (or more likely their reps) and were just covering themselves in case it leaked. Either that, or it was felt getting the news out would aide recruitment of his successor?

Didn’t Bayern announce giving Tuchel the elbow around the same time?

1 Like

I really don’t see him at Liverpool. The club have invested a lot of time and energy on looking to bring in the ‘right people’ - and Tuchel flies in the face of that.

3 Likes

Point made… I guess we shall see… Klopp was a home run and even after dortmund everyone still wanted him and appreciated that he was a brilliant manager. I believe the analysis on his stay at dortmund concluded that injury and bad luck played a huge role in that shit season. Will not be surprised if its a guy like Slot.

1 Like

Again, it is just a media report. The same as I said when Barcelona were linked.

However, I’ve not been convinced that Amorim was the guy since our first link. Still think Alonso is who we wanted and failing bringing him in we will go with an interim, experienced, option.

3 Likes

They really didn’t it. It’s seemingly easy to forget now, but there was a lot of the game that really reveled in his later struggles with Dortmund, seemingly happy to celebrate that the cool kid had been shown up for what his real level was. It took genuine conviction in their own analysis, which was largely born out of the data, for Liverpool to make him such a priority at that time.

1 Like

well @Limiescouse, like I said we shall see… I will be right in line supporting whoever they choose

1 Like

Yes. Whomever they appoint I will argue with conviction it was the obviously correct choice and everyone who didnt already back the appointment is a moron :see_no_evil:

Really??? whats your take on Amorim @Sweeting