The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

He definitely sounds like a midfielder we need.

1 Like

What’s an Arne Slot?

1 Like

Haven’t we been here before…

“Oh we’ve lost out on Mount” - Get Maca and Dom
“Oh we’ve got no director and Man Utd are getting top notch ones” - Get Edwards and Hughes.

3 Likes

No No… its Anna Scott from Notting Hill

1 Like

This is how Motta has described his vision how to play the game

"My idea is to play offensively. A short team that controls the game, high pressure and a lot of movement with and without the ball. I want the player that has the ball to always have three or four solutions and two teammates close by to help. The difficulty in football is, often to do things simply but to control the base, pass and get free. I don’t like the numbers of the field because they trick you. You can be super offensive with a 5–3–2 and defensive in a 4–3–3. Depending on the quality of the guys. I had a game a while ago where the two full-backs ended up playing as the 9 and 10. But that doesn’t mean I don’t like people like Samuel and Chiellini, born defenders. Could it be a 2–7–2? No, the goalkeeper counts as one of the midfield seven. For me, the attacker is the first defender and the goalkeeper is the first attacker. The goalkeeper starts the play, with his feet and the attackers are the first to put pressure to recover the ball.

@ZinedineBiscan so seems he likes short players, so I take you are out?

4 Likes

Extrapolate please, who are we getting?

have a feeling, there might be a curve ball in this amorim thing

Motta, Rose or that bloke from Atalanta.

After all he linked himself last week :joy:

1 Like

The Goonies Chuck GIF

Who’s he?

3 Likes

If we pick Thiago Motta
Like I recommended we oughta
That’s Amorim

2 Likes

A master statistician. Italian.

1 Like

I wonder what the chances are that we are still getting Alonso and his earlier announcement was to get the press off his case?

I mean I have no idea, but it sounds about as plausible as half the rumours at the moment.

2 Likes

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

I wondered that too, but I would be surprised if he would willingly say he was staying knowing otherwise - it strikes me as a crappy thing to do to the fans (and maybe players who are making plans)

3 Likes

But it would irk Bayern to no end, which Xabi might enjoy.

1 Like

It was predicated on them staying together. So they sell Frimpong and Wirtz in a carefully calculated move and Alonso claims the pledge has been broken and so feels he needs to move on as well.

3 Likes

This is going to materially lower @Maria’s 55% Motta

This place is so depressing. Feels like the waning days of Hicks and Gillette.

5 Likes

Alonso = Bellingham
They are interested. We are interested but hesitate. Oh shit, here comes Real Madrid. We have no chance. Bye Bye

Amorim = Palhinha / Bruno Guimaraes
We might have been interested or not before they came to the PL. We hesistate again and they sign for a smaller club but no doubt they’ll do very good there and will be too expensive after that.