The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

Jose Mourinho Writing GIF by DAZN

I’ve just realised who is writing these fucking lists of potential new managers.

3 Likes

Absolutely howling!

1 Like

That’s really a bit of a myth. Whist there have been the likes of Endo, Gakpo, Diaz and Jota who seemed to have been all but signed before any strong rumours emerged there are plenty of players we’ve signed have been linked well ahead of their arrival too.

The likes of Alisson, Ox, Konate, Nunez, Gravenberch, Thiago were all strongly linked, with the club mouth pieces playing down our interest for week before they eventually signed.

I reckon it’s about 50/50 in terms of well rumoured and out the blue. However, managers are a bit different to players.

I’m kind of hoping the fact that Amorin is entertaining the West Ham job is because we’ve got our next manager already lined up. We’re desperately trying to keep it under wraps so as not to distract from Klopp’s farewell and the press that do know are keeping quiet on the promise of some juicy interviews or other exclusives. Might explain why Orstein is so adamant it’s not going to be Amorin but offered no explanation as to why or even speculated on any other names.

3 Likes

If Amorim is interviewing with West Ham then we haven’t locked him down. It either means we aren’t interested, or more likely, he is one of a few that we have under consideration.

In order to protect his own interests, he is accepting an interview with West Ham. They are being aggressive because they know he is available. We may be a little more chilled as we have a few who would love to come here, so we are sifting it carefully.

I suspect we would have locked in on Alonso, but since he decided to stay put, we widened the net and ran a proper process.

Amorim has done all he can where he is. It’s time for a move. Even if it is West Ham it is more money than Portugal, and if he does well in the Prem, a bigger job than West Ham will come along.

If it boils down to us or West Ham, and we both want him, I can’t see it being a contest.

2 Likes

What if he really likes chain pubs, jellied eels and homophobia?

1 Like

We might be in trouble then!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/AnfieldSector/status/1782528359420866769

i wonder what changed

1 Like

If hes been offered the job and turned it down, i can only think its one of two things. Either he won’t get get enough control (transfer decisions) or he thinks its soon soon in his career for Liverpool and wants to cut his teeth with less expectation upon his shoulders.

Maybe his name was just a smoke screen.

1 Like

Sporting owners were not amused about the rumours, too much distraction during their title race etc. Portuguese press reported that Sporting will now insist on the full 20 mio release clause and then Amorin has told the press that there were no talks at all etc.

Imo we messed it up with their owners and cooled down our interests (maybe for now?)

1 Like

We haven’t said anything…

He has literally flown to London today.

I think you are reading too much into it.

2 Likes

Perhaps he is interviewing with us in London?

Or nearby. Private jet, swanky car, secret meeting place away from prying eyes.

I’m quite glad we know nothing, and the journalists - some of them usually reliable - are grasping at straws too.

Win the league. Let Jurgen have his moment. Top man. Special man.

Then announce the new manager. Get in!

3 Likes

“A jet provided by West Ham”
https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/1782441143419969806

Maybe Klopp has decided to stay one extra year.

Or maybe Pep L is always going to get the job.

Shame about Xabi as it’s now or never. Not doubt it’s Real in 2025 for him.

1 Like

TAN Poets Society

@Alright_Now_Legend @sandsoftime @RedOverTheWater @WeeJoe

2 Likes

Welcome to my poetry class, Ifti.

3 Likes

I mean, I was being facetious in my original post, but my feeling is that the new coaching team was settled months ago and the club are keeping quiet.

The announcement about Klopp leaving came out of the blue, even to the staff and players, but had clearly been settled months before. It would not surprise me if the same has happened here.

Given that whoever is moving will currently be at a club, people should be looking further down the managerial merry-go-round. Which clubs are currently looking for a new manager whilst having a seemingly decent coach?

1 Like

You mean in that inconspicuous people’s carrier with the blacked out windows, which was used for Virgil’s secret rendezvous with Jürgen near Blackpool tower😃

My biggest concern with these Mourinho rumours are that idiots out there will actually believe we are genuinely concidering him as an option.

If we are truely that desperate, I feel the club has no hope in the future and we might just be better off folding and restarting down in non-league

3 Likes

How nice of West Ham to cover the transport arrangements for us. Another Michael Edwards masterstroke :rofl: