The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

Sure, as long as you don’t actually remember what that time period felt like.

8 Likes

The problem with JM is:

• Needs an open chequebook to win trophies.
  • Tends to fall out with the squad.
  • Arrogant.
1 Like

Sorry, am on the train accidentally deleted.
I thought of @Alright_Now_Legend as he loves Bobby.:joy:

https://x.com/SteReid4/status/1782483280761118753?t=CEl--X4l7lTHtnN_kq6GFA&s=09

3 Likes

The list goes on

Humourless? That’s one of the things I certainly wouldn’t say about Jose.

:joy:

5 Likes

https://www.givemesport.com/liverpool-manager-news-ruben-amorim-negotiating-west-ham-talks-collapse/

200 posts about dubious poetry, lot of wind and not a clue as to who’ll be our next manager.

3 Likes

Salvatore Extrapolate, Italian striker of the 90s, turned manager. Plays with 5 forwards, suits our squad.

2 Likes

Who doesn’t?

2 Likes

Since Alonso is now off-limits, maybe we should be looking at guys whose teams overperformed the most over the last few years in order to try and identify the next manager? Guys at Girona and Stuttgart spring to mind, as well as Slot and maybe De Zerbi (though I remember a report from some reliable source, published a month back or so, that claimed De Zerbi wasn’t of interest to FSG).

Sort out your meter…

2 Likes

Run by City Footballing Group. No.

1 Like

Why not? He’s a sour faced misery bastard.

The Stuttgart manager, Hoeneß is definitely very interesting, along the lines of Motta in the transformative effect they’ve had on their clubs. He’s extended his contract until 2027 though. He also said this when linked with the Bayern job.

If I had the idea of moving, then I certainly wouldn’t have extended my contract.

*“I’m here out of conviction because I have the feeling that we can develop something together here. Nothing has changed from my perspective.”

I’m starting to wonder if Motta is one of our top choices. His agent said this a few weeks back:

Canovi said: “The situation of the big names? The confirmation of Xabi Alonso at Bayer Leverkusen has opened up several important candidatures for Liverpool and Bayern Munich. And there’s Barcelona. They are three interesting and very coveted benches right now.”

He added: “At the moment the only fact is that Motta has an expiring contract with Bologna. Will he stay at Bologna? I can’t say, because I have no negotiations with anyone. You can’t talk about things that aren’t in place.”

I’d be very happy with him.

4 Likes

Does Motta speak English and is his football a bit more on the defensive side? I’m genuinely asking as I haven’t seen his Bologna side play.

3 Likes

La Motta

1 Like

He can be, as plenty of others, but he’s also one of the funniest. If managers also have to be comedians (along with top coaches, fathers, lawyers, politicians, spiritual leaders and demi-gods) these days to please fans, he’s up there.

1 Like

Well it would force journos to buy a QWERTZ keyboard.

1 Like

No idea if he speaks English. Most sources suggest he speaks Italian, French, Spanish, and Portuguese.

I’ve only ever watched two games with Bologna involved, but didn’t watch them specifically.

Here are a few cracking pieces on Motta’s style though, which I think does sound exciting.

6 Likes

All these relatively new and promising coaches worry me in terms of PL inexperience. No one is going to pull off what Klopp has done over the years. It’s going to be an uphill battle.

1 Like