The Hunt for Klopp’s Successor

Never made me laugh.

Many other reactions, but not laughter.

Thanks, mate! To be honest, one guy I’d love to have at Liverpool at this moment is Simone Inzaghi but he’s probably a no-go because he doesn’t speak English. I’ve mentioned it before, I’m extremely impressed by his Inter side. If Motta doesn’t speak the language, then I think it would also be an issue…

2 Likes

sam jackson GIF

1 Like

Good ebening again.

Not bothered about whether the incoming guy knows English.

I think that his accent is a bit suspect (to be honest, even Alonso’s pronunciation isn’t the easiest on the ears) but his English is pretty decent. I genuinely believe that you should be able to speak the language of the country you’re working in.

1 Like

Inzaghi would be brilliant for us. I’d argue the difference between Inzaghi and Motta is that the latter has experience in different countries, unlike Inzaghi, who has remained in Italy both as a player and a manager. Motta’s played in Spain, Italy, and France, and he’s learned the languages from those countries, which suggests he’s adaptable.

2 Likes

Isn’t a huge problem. Especially for Europeans. English isn’t that hard to pick up.

Italian football is so different from Premier League.

I can’t see anyone filling them. We need brand new shoes.

2 Likes

Another 1 to scratch off the list then… :frowning:

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1782713640308637976?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1782713640308637976|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

1 Like

What?

The type of English level required to run a large scale operation like a football team is certainly not basic.
I don’t get all the people who don’t think language is important for this role. A huge part of it is communicating your ideas to the players and staff.

6 Likes

@alex_crook

·

11m

Managerial merry go round in full swing. Portuguese sources suggesting Amorim is unlikely to add accept any offer from #WHUFC. Fonseca also on their list as per

@JacobsBen

but no formal talks yet. Could be a long few weeks!

1 Like

Is Ormstein ever right….?

Motta was also born in Brazil so it’s likely he knows 4 languages, maybe his French isn’t particularly good but he should have Spanish, Portuguese and Italian ok so who knows if he learnt English at some point.

2 Likes

No idea if he’s reliable, but chucking it out there for the carnage.

https://twitter.com/DaveOCKOP/status/1782711441641914846

Doubt it, people that follow Prem football know the Liverpool manager talk is the biggest gossip in the country right now until an appointment is made so everyone’s chipping in with their 2 pence worth.

1 Like

https://x.com/DaveOCKOP/status/1782711441641914846?t=tNIkknrPWESwdcEAzZYwnA&s=09

Please, no, just no!!:see_no_evil::slightly_frowning_face:.

2 Likes

He’s not a bad shout. 2 years contract would do fine.

If Klopp sends feelers about getting back into management after a years break , this would be the way to go.

Or if Xabi wants to join us.

Essentially as a stop gap , the guy is okay.

I’d sack Hughes if that happened. Evidently he can’t see beyond his own nose.

Totally appalling choice, Dave is known for his bullshit though.

3 Likes

I think O’Neil has done a sound job at both Bournemouth and Wolves, got both clubs punching above their weight - in fact pre-season, after selling most of their players, I was assuming Wolves were favourites for the drop. He also has experience of being within the LFC setup.

The big question is whether it would be a step too far for him at this stage of his career.

3 Likes

I agree. I did suggest him a few weeks back but with proviso that me may be someone to go for after Klopp’s replacement.
Whoever we get won’t live up to Klopp in our eyes so why not give it to an up and coming guy who has experience of the PL?

1 Like