The list of reasons why “We won’t be signing Mbappé” in 2024

Bored This Just In GIF by Homes.com

Are you suggesting we are staying tight lipped until we are ready to announce his signing

No

I know we shouldn’t judge people at at a distance like this, but to me he seems like he is a bit of a dickhead. If not, then he is certainly surrounded by them.

1 Like

I think the only way he comes here in financial terms is if his wage is equal to Salah’s current wage and perhaps a signing on fee under £20m

As has been discussed in the past, he/Nike could agree some kind of seperate endorsement to cancel out the drop in wages. But that would have to happen entirely independently.

The only way this happens is if he wants to come here and not only accept these terms, but he and his agent need to be the driving force behind making it happen.

There’s been no indication that this is the case, which is why it almost definitely won’t happen. But if you’d told me we’d be in for a £115m move for Caicedo last summer, I’ 'd not have believed you until it happened.

All signs point to no here. But I think the club/Klopp might be interested if his people were willing to go all in and change to fit our structure.

Apparently he’s on a million a week.

Add that to the list of reasons we won’t be signing him.

To be fair, that’s a reason why no-one is signing him.

1 Like

Man City will sign him,

It’ll be announced that he’s earning £150k a week though

If Haaland were to go to Madrid rather than Mbappe,it wouldn’t surprise me to see him go to city.

Pretty much a straight swap in wages and they’ll get enough out of Madrid to cover his signing on fee.

I personally wouldn’t want Mbappe here. I have enjoyed Klopp’s reign so much not necessarily in terms of what we won but the vibe and spirit he built in the team. There are some players who just seem like the kind to destroy it.

3 Likes

I totally agree re our team under Klopp, but we seem to be making assumptions about Mbappe as if they are fact. He was obviously propelled into superstardom, but is there any evidence of him impacting team morale/functioning? Who knows what he’d be like under Klopp and the Anfield faithful

2 Likes

i hope the news that Klopp is leaving doesnt stop Mbappe signing for us…

2 Likes

Add it to the list on this thread

1 Like

Heard that Klopp salary will go towards signing Mbappe as our new player manager

The List

He’s going to Real Madrid
We can’t afford his wages
He’s a dick (apparently)
His entourage
He can’t speak English
Liverpool is too cold
Nobody can think of a song for him
He won’t like the food
He thinks ‘la’ means ‘the’
Jürgen is leaving

So still a chance then?

Insert Jim Carrey Dumb and Dumber gif.

So, he isn’t coming in this window, right?

We don’t need him

1 Like

The reasons why

3 Likes