The list of reasons why “We won’t be signing Mbappé” in 2024

Milner and Thiago were the oldest players we had signed. Yeah, another four years is OK :joy:

Salah ends up at PSG if Liverpool can’t convince him to sign a new deal then?

Married At First Sight Lol GIF by Lifetime

Well they will have to pay as he has one year on his contract

Well seeing as he signed a new 5 year deal last summer, if PSG want him, then they can stump up for him. I think an even 1 Billion should cover it

Pay Me GIF by Texas Archive of the Moving Image

1 Like

I really want to mute this thread, I just need to read some valid reasons we wont be signing him.

Doc Brown Vision GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

There’s a reason the mods keep me around. Not just a pretty face!

I never wanted Mbappe in the first place. Dealing with his mother is a right nightmare.

My heart was always for Jude Bellingham.

1 Like

Think his mother is the one who wants him to come to Liverpool…

1 Like

That’s what I mean.

1 Like

According to the BBC article, he isn’t getting paid as much as most people thought he would be. I think we could have afforded the same, although we probably would’ve had to sell Mo in order to raise the signing on fee. Then again, it is being paid over five years so we could’ve also kept Mo for another year.

He is set to sign a five-year deal with Real, earning 15m euros (£12.8m) a season, plus a 150m euro (£128m) signing-on bonus to be paid over five years, and he will keep a percentage of his image rights.

Even if we could’ve paid, highly unlikely that he would’ve accepted. There are many different ways how he can still earn top dollar at Real and how he’s not your “ordinary” free transfer. He’s at his peak and should remain or even look to kick on further, so for Real, this all makes sense.

1 Like

So what’s the deal with PSG? I assume there was some dodgy shit in his last 1yr contract that would see money shifted hands to PSG for accounting purposes and the money wired back to Mbappe in an offshore account?

Not for a second do I believe Kylian was allowed to leave with his legs in tact unless ~100m was returned in some form.

Oh how will he cope

He has already seen that they are 100% team Bellingham, so he will be playing 2nd fiddle to an Englishman. As a proud frenchman, that must sting for him, so why would he not favour Anfield where we will have a spot open for him after we sell Mo and Darwin - means he can play his prefered role whether that be up front or on the right. Plus he will get the adulation of the Kop every game

Unless he fails to score 25 goals with his first touch, then he’s our shittest striker since Dundee and needs to be sold immediately

And also making his mum proud as she apparently is a Liverpool fan.

I think its obvious that he is signing for LFC.
He would have worn a white top if he was going to Madrid.
Surely we can all see that.

3 Likes