The Liverpool Guide Thread

Yes, you could see plenty in that time.

Liverpool is a small city and everything is is walking distance, no need to hire a taxi for most things. I’d get one to go to Anfield, but you won’t need one to get around the city centre.

Walker art gallery, Liverpool Central library and natural history museum are all right next to each other. You could visit all 3 in an afternoon easily.

On the docks you have the Tate, museum of Liverpool, maritime museum, beatles story and you can do the ferry ride. You’d be pushed for time to do all of that in one day, so I’d probably advise picking aa few. The Maritime museum is the best of the lot, imo.

If you’re interested in The Beatles you’ll also want to go to the Cavern club & pub, and maybe also do the Magical mystery tour.

I’d guess you want to see the cathedrals, too?

The bus through the tunnel to birkenhead will take you 10 minutes each way. Wouldn’t advise spending too long in Birkenhead. 5 minutes is more than enough.

Most hotels in the city centre will be fine. Avoid the Adelphi. If you post any specific ones you find I’d be happy to have a look.

2 Likes

fixed! :wink:

if you live there you will know!

Hiya @Maria, the buses through the tunnel can be joined at Sir Thomas Street. It’s in town not far from Mathew Street. If you get the number 437 it’ll take you through the tunnel to Birkenhead bus station. Here you can hop off walk to another stand and get another bus back theough to your start point. :+1::nerd_face:

1 Like

Sounds like something from a horror movie :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:. What are you up to man :thinking:

Black Isle or Eileen Dubh… Named as such because in the heavy snowfalls of the highlands, when looking down from any mountain or aerial view… the snowfall was always less so… giving the appearance of a Black Isle amongst the surrounding White landscape - Not a proper Island as such, but a peninsular surrounded by the sea on three sides only - Beauly Firth, Moray Firth and Cromarty Firth (where you can watch the Dolphins catching the Salmon as the tide comes in and out) :+1:

2 Likes

Damn, now it sounds like something from a fantasy movie :heart_eyes:

Cromarty Firth - Chanonry Point Lighthouse - First picture taken from a boat
Second picture from the shore with a long lense
Beauly Firth - Icelandic Orcas coming for a visit
Moray Firth - Humpback Whale just messing about in the water :0)

7 Likes

:star_struck: :heart_eyes:
Thank you so much :blush:

I love you guys :heart: :heart_eyes:, I want to buy you all a pint. I am a wool, I don’t know what I would do without you.

It has been a long time for me to go there. I couldn’t go much, because of mum being unwell.

I will write an itinerary and show it to you and you approve of it as doable or I take off some places

I want my cousin to see the best of Liverpool. He is abit simple, bless him, with his camera, he has never been up north, only London. He has no clue about the North. He’s abit nervous about Northerners :smiley:.
He knows abit about the city footy rivalry, he wants to see Goodison Park as well.

He loves good quality food, Asian, Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, but he has to have Lobscouse.

Any restaurant recommendations and seafood places , please, thanks

Definitely the Mersey Ferry ride, Anfield tour (if we have time), Beatles Museum, the mystery tour, and Cavern club, Albert dock, the two cathedrals, the waterfront, iconic Liverbird building and Anfield cemetery, my Auntie’s Dad is buried there. We could do one museum, like the maritime one, thanks for the suggestion @ILLOK .

Are there any places of nature, we can see which can get to by bus, some green areas, like a national park place?
Any suburbs to see on the bus, (this is for me) in case I want to escape from London in the future?

You know the skyline of Liverpool, you see in the pictures, where is the best vantage point to take a photo of it?

I had to google your place. It looks beautiful.
You are near the Isle of Mull, wow, no wonder, it is spectacular!

Hi Maria… Nooooooo the Isle of Mull is over 4hrs away by car…
I am a lot further North, 40miles beyond Inverness -

The best view of the Liverpool skyline is probably over the water from the wirral, or from the Ferry. But if the weather is nice, book a meal on the rooftop terrace here, and you can take some nice pictures of the Three Graces:

Italian Fish Club on bold street always gets good reviews, and Cargo in Alexandra Tower appears to be a good spot for Seafood.

Nature? Formby beach, it’s lovely up there. It’s a bit further out though. You could walk through Everton park if you’re visiting Anfield and Goodison.

As for suburbs, I’m sure The Magical Mystery tour will take you through some. John Lennon’s childhood home is in L25 which is lovely, and it’s next to Calderstones park (IMO the nicest park in Liverpool). As a bonus, you might see me walking my dog down Penny Lane when you’re on the bus.

2 Likes

The Slavery Museum at the Albert Dock is worth a peek too.

1 Like

ILLOK, that restaurant looks nice and the food, so it is on the other side, opposite the Three Graces skyline?

If I am going to see youse TAN lot when I am on the bus, i better get me hair dyed, rollers on and facial done! :rofl:

Yess, must see that one, thanks for this.

Didn’t you say you wanted your cousin to see the best of Liverpool?

1 Like

@Maria 20 minutes on Merseyrail from Central Station will take you to Crosby where you can view the Iron Men. Lovely beach. A bit further on, if you get off at Freshfield you can walk past Juergen’s house, on the way to the National Trust coastal park. You might even see him walking his dog in the dunes or having a pint in the Freshfield hotel, the Freshie.

3 Likes

He wants to be fair, in case he bumps into an Everton fan in the US

Thanks for these gems @Rambler, I see that picture alot with the statue in the water. I wondered what the significance was.

I think, by the time we get there, the season will be over and Jürgen will probably be on holiday in his summer home, I guess. I might have look at the area if it is nearer to the national park. I might see the mighty red squirrel.

There alot see in Merseyside, ufff, it is going to be tricky. I will probably have to come back and do the coastal places in another visit. I may have the car by then. I am going to write all these places in my travel location note book. Ir looks beautiful.

Liverpool has changed so much since I last visited and when I was a little girl.

Liverpool has changed so much since I last visited and when I was a little girl.
[/quote]

At least you won’t have to worry about the air-raid sirens this time Maria :wink:

1 Like