The Liverpool Guide Thread

Everything is within walking distance of each other Maria

I saw Jan Molby when I was 50 and Aldo when I was 60. Both very entertaining. I’ve also seen Bruce Grobellar and Alan Kennedy give talks, again very entertaining. The tour I did on my 50th included a meal but that option wasn’t available on my 60th as there were some post Covid restrictions still in place. :nerd_face:

1 Like

A friend of mine was at the Legends thing before the United game. Sent me pictures with McManaman and Grobbelaar. Told me it was great fun.

2 Likes

The baltic is a 15-20 minute walk from the city centre. Probably a fiver in a taxi.

1 Like

There are plenty of old men’s pub with really good ale in them in the city. Ye Crack, The Bridewell, The Roscoe Head to name but a few. No tellys or music just good beer and chat. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Probably thinking of Queens Avenue.

Used to live just around the corner, would buy wine down there occasionally.

1 Like

I’ve found it very enjoyable and easy to go round Liverpool city centre, all by walking. Regardless if it’s around the most central area or more around, depending on what I’m doing, something more relaxed during the day or a night out (from let’s say Mathew Street to Ropewalks).

Helps a lot that you have a few reference points, I can always tell more or less where am I. When I was in Manchester (landing there, before going to Liverpool!) par example, I had the constant feeling that I have no idea where or which direction to go. It’s all just a squeezed mess.

1 Like

Thanks a million guys for all the tips and places to see. There seems to be so much to do with not enough to pack them all in in 3 days. I like the fact, you can walk to most of the places around the city.

Baltic Triangle looks so quirky and vibrant and so many different and cultural foods there,

Google St Georges Hall see if you fancy have a look around in there

2 Likes

Just a quick one @Maria, on your travels through the city look up. Although you’ll see modern facades for businesses and shop you’ll also see some lovely architecture above the eyeline from days gone by. :+1::nerd_face:

1 Like

You might see seagulls too

And Liver Birds. Not just on the Liver Buildings. And don’t forget to take a trip on the “Ferry Cross the Mersey”. :+1::nerd_face:

2 Likes

My mum used to watch the sitcom, The Liverbirds, Beryl and Sandra. Then there was Lucien with his rabbit! :joy:

2 Likes

I loved that growing up. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Check out the shows on The Liverpool Empire Maria

1 Like

I love Motown! The songs were fabulous.

2 Likes

Help, I need somebody help, (no pun intended).

My cousin is flying from into Manchester in 2 weeks from Frankfurt and staying up North for 10 to see the Lake District, Liverpool Manchester and Newcastle. He is a mild football fan ( lives in the US). I am coming up to visit him and he wants me to show him Liverpool in 2-3 days.
I haven’t got a clue where to start, as there is so much to do there.

Is it viable to see almost all the Liverpool sights in 3 days, museums including Mersey boat ride and do Anfield tour?
Is it worth hiring a taxi for the for 4-5 hours ?
Also, I want to go down the Mersey tunnel or the Birkenhead tunnel, can I do that by bus?
I am looking at the map of Liverpool city centre. We were looking to stay in the centre, but where, I am kind of confused? Somewhere, where we can walk to places.
Any decently priced hotels worth booking with helpful staff to show us where to go etc

Any of you Scousers/residents can point me in the right direction. It will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Wonderful piece of history

https://twitter.com/BBCArchive/status/1656207447218946048?s=20

2 Likes

Hi Maria… Not sure if you know, but I’m based up in the Scottish Highlands at the moment (Black Isle), and have been for a number of years, otherwise I would have met up with ya to help you out a touch… will put my thinking cap on and see if get any ‘lightbulb’ moments I can help you with… :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you mate,

Anything would help
I just don’t know how to do it all. If i was on my own or with a frend, we could do stuff at our leisure. Then, do another trip later on.