The Liverpool Guide Thread

From West Derby, taxi or bus into the city centre. There’s a train station at Rainhill, takes you into Lime Street station. You can also get a bus or taxi from Rainhill, just more expensive because it’s further out. The Rainhill Premier Inn is on Warrington Road, next to the Ship Inn and the train station is further along Warrington Road.

How about to Anfield

South Liverpool… (Beatles Country!)
Google the place and read the reviews…
Pub with log fire and Restaurant…
10min Taxi ride to the ground…
10min Taxi ride into town… (20min by bus)
10min Walk to Strawberry Fields…
10min Walk to Penny Lane…
10min Walk to Woolton Village + Pub Crawl…
10min Walk to St.Michaels Church (Eleanor Rigby, Bob Paisley)
10min Walk to Green Lane/Allerton Road + Pubs, Bistro’s etc.
Good and safe residential area…

2 Likes

Taxi or bus to Anfield

Thanks guys

1 Like

Penny Lane… The most ‘robbed’ street sign ever :joy:

3 Likes

No words needed…

2 Likes

Plus, a chance to bump into Rafa or Montse. :sunglasses:

Last time I was in Liverpool was in spring 2019, for the Barca and Wolves games before Madrid. 10 days, it was brilliant, it wasn’t enough, can’t wait to go back again.

Guys just another quick question if I may.

Our family holiday in August has been cancelled (fuck you covid) so I stead I am looking at options.

Would love to take the kids to Anfield for a tour, see the stadium club shop etc.

Is there much else to do around the city for kids?

Chester zoo is the only thing I can think of but any suggestions will be welcomed

Kids are aged 5 and 3

Between Aug 6th - 15th

If it were next year there would be Eureka Mersey opening in the old spaceport/ ferry terminal, I remember visiting the World museum at some point as a kid think I was little older than yours at the time but might be worth a shout.

1 Like

Am i wrong or is there no Zoo or aquarium or something children based like that

Aquarium wise the closest I can think of is Blue planet, which is at Elsmere port (30mins via car, 1hr on public transport), with big outlet village on the same campus. Chester zoo is probably ten mins further away.
There is the Ice cream farm https://www.theicecreamfarm.co.uk/ but again its even further from Liverpool

Ye that place looks great.

Anything to do like take a ferry across the Mersey etc

Of course will be doing a stadium tour

You could check out Knowsley Safari Park… Don’t forget to smear some peanut butter on the car bonnet for the monkey attention :0)
You could also check out Rhyl Promenade (1hr by car)… think of a downsized Blackpool, but kids might enjoy what’s on offer though… lots of bucket and spade beaches along that coastline also

1 Like

My experience of visits to UNESCO “world heritage” sites is that they turn into theme parks packed with souvenir shops. I think our waterfront is fabulous now and I can’t wait for the Bramley Dock development. I worked in that area in the 70s and it is still the same s**thole.

Tell UNESCO to take a hike :angry:

The one thing no-one seems to have taken into account about Bramley Moor Dock… is if the wind wafts in a certain direction… the stale pungent smell from the big Soya bean processing plant just a mile or so away… can certainly have many folk multi-colour yawning and ‘piazza’ decorating the pavements by regurgitating their own breakfasts…! :0)
Given that, I suppose it is the ideal place for the new stadium for the Blueshite!

2 Likes

I agree, the benefits of the Liverpool Waters development, outweigh the UNESCO World Heritage status. It will provide employment and a boost to the local economy for many years to come.

3 Likes