The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

The difference is we were miles off the top while United could still have won this title, as unlikely a scenario as that would have taken but still a chance. Small time mentality and come next year when they’re cutting grass again this will come home to roost.

3 Likes

Come on reds we should be fucking frothing at the mouth to beat these cunts tomorrow.

4 Likes

My quibble is he was not forced to make THOSE changes. Utd have a fairly trivial injury list yet gave two league debuts to two of their forwards.

4 Likes

Well said. It is mad to think that we were top of the League at the start of 2021. Seems like forever ago. We would be remiss to not highlight the injuries, as obviously losing our two-first choice center backs (and having a third who is made of f**king glass) made things difficult, as well as having Jota/Henderson/Trent/Thiago/etc. out for stretches as well. Moreover, it’s not like we’ve been throttled, aside from Villa away and City at home. Still, our performance in the second half of the season was absolutely inexcusable — I’ve said a few times that losing six home games in a row is relegation form — and on that basis alone we do not deserve Champions League. To be handed numerous lifelines to hop back in the top 4 yet blow it every time (particularly dropping points vs. Leeds and Newcastle) means that we didn’t do enough.

Now, obviously in our title-winning season we won ugly a bunch, but we also put together some really comprehensive performances — you have to be able to do both. Fernandes has obviously added a good bit to their team, even excluding his Penandes contributions, but I feel like United’s second half comebacks have been fueled by penalties or luck (or both); I can’t remember seeing them playing at City’s level. It can work for a stretch, particularly when the chasing pack is so inconsistent, but it’s not sustainable. Also, would love to see how they cope without the buck-toothed Portuguese out for the season. Still, they got the business done and we didn’t, but I still think we have the far better squad.

As an aside, similarly pathetic to our collapse was United winning the League in January only to finish well behind. :joy:

3 Likes

I prefer to remember us beating Blackburn on the last day even though it gave Manure a great chance of winning the league. (Proper professional behaviour.) Only for Manure to feck it up by drawing at West Ham. :joy::nerd_face:

12 Likes

Just thinking back to our last visit to the Old Toilet — I was in Washington DC, which is about an hour flight from home. I am of the opinion that regardless of how bad either team both will always “turn up”, so it was completely unsurprising that they took the lead and bullshitted their way through the first 85 minutes. I checked out of my hotel during the first half showed up at the Queen Vic (the de facto DC LFC bar) and somehow managed to get in for the start of the second half, even though it was packed. When the equalizer — which came out of nothing — went in, I remember we all celebrated like crazy, but didn’t really know who had scored. Then the camera panned to Lallana and we were all like “that guy?!” Still, I was happy for him, and I think he (rightly) had a chip on his shoulder. It was great for him to be able to make a vital contribution in our title win.

While we weren’t able to nick it, I was still relatively satisfied with the draw given that we were losing for more than half of the match. Particularly, I remember thinking “if we win the League, that’s a good draw,” but realistically I wasn’t sure how we would navigate our then-upcoming slate of Spurs at home, Villa away, and City at home. Add in the Leicester game before the international break, and we were truly the Cardiac Reds. :joy:

Even though it wasn’t a win, that result summed up our character last year (not to draw comparisons to this year). Even when we didn’t play well, we usually found a way, and the fact that we kept going meant that we were able to get a “good point.”

2 Likes

Yeah we had a few early in the season like that but only really Villa since.

4 Likes

Speaks volumes…

13 Likes
16 Likes

Well done Ole, giving up the shot at title to hurt our chances for top 4. Well, it’s not in YOUR hand atleast anymore. Knobhead.

10 Likes

Exactly why all the wanking over football fans standing together and how we should applaud them etc etc was so fucking infuriating. When fans are allowed back just watch almost every away set of fans rock up to Anfield and sing the same kak songs.

9 Likes

I know some have said we would have done it, but I think playing almost your first team against Roma at 5-2 first leg lead showed some naivety in Ole.

At this rate we might only finish a point behind them, and we didn’t win for 3 months and pretty much didn’t play well for 5.

6 Likes

Cliche Ole…
Thought Brenda was bad at stating the obvious…
Jeeez this guy is a joke in his interviews

3 Likes

Let me guess

Maguire, playing 3 games in 5 days, could have won?

5 Likes

Well, any lingering residual sympathy I had for Utd fans in their battle against the Glazers just ebbed away. Hope they tear the arsehole out of your club, you ignorant, thick cunts.

14 Likes

A bit special, our Manchester cousins, aren’t they.

14 Likes

To be fair his shirt looks like it’s covered in oil, so he probably uses it to fix his car, unless that was the design.

5 Likes

Why do Mancs all look the same? It’s like the village of the damned.

3 Likes

Because they’re all fucking in-bred.

5 Likes

Yep. Fuck 'em. Now and forever.

3 Likes