The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Replace the wills with should and it will make sense.

5 Likes

Dry up. We’ve won a CL and the league in the two seasons before this one. CL final season before that. United are shite and will return to type next season.

14 Likes

Yeah I’m absolutely baffled they haven’t had even a fine.

In fact this decision by this company is more punishment than the FA or EPL have even suggested.

Fans will do this especially in desperation so unless the EPL act then they are inviting it, no doubt the team that does it will have the book thrown at them.

My view this game should be taking place in a neutral venue at the very least

9 Likes

Guaranteed they will attack our team bus on Thursday

1 Like

Considering last time they seemed to attack their own, it won’t surprise me if they do that again.

2 Likes

It will be very interesting to see if there any protests on Tuesday. I think if there are, we will see an escalation on Thursday, and if any games are canceled, it’s a Man U forfeit, there is just no space for a reschedule. If Leicester is canceled, it will have to be a significant points deduction for Man U as giving LC 3 points would all but take top 4 from us.

The PL should make it quite clear beforehand what the punishment will be, I think they have dropped the ball on this.

5 Likes

Yup, they could have drawn the line with a fine and said any further events like what we saw and we will have to go down the route of points deductions and forfeits.

If I’m honest I think they should have gone neutral til the end of the season.

Fair few Championship grounds and with it being at night it might be harder to get there.

2 Likes

OK forget them two. He’ll play Lukaku and Sanchez then. :wink::thinking::nerd_face:

3 Likes

Provided the games go ahead without impacts from protestors…I’d fully expect United to want to fk us at all costs…so would expect a heavily rotated squad for Tuesday, gifting the points to Leicester, and for them to be full strength to try and beat us Thursday.

Ole would love to be able to say he played his part in us not making the CL.

5 Likes

I’d fully expect it to happen to.

I know I’d insist on us doing the same if the shoe were on the other foot

2 Likes

Yeah, looking at the strong side he put out yesterday, it’s difficult to see past him making significant changes for Tuesday with a view to selecting as close to his best side for thursday as he can. But that is how it should be and as Id want Klopp to do it if in their shoes.

1 Like

Hopefully we do them and they lose all 3.

If the fans in the meantime cause disruption to this then seriously the EPL and FA as well as Sky will be the be ones at fault.

4 Likes

I think we should be proactive and strong. We should be informing the PL/FA of the potential troubles and let them know that we will not be compromising. Once there’s a disruption, there will always be an alternative and twisted narrative, just as the last time.

3 Likes

Well, Ole did what we all expected and sent a very weak side out to lose to Leicester. Frustrating as it is, he can manage his resources as he likes.

Still an outside chance we do this. But if we don’t, yes, we can point to all the adverse circumstances, but perhaps more productively, we should also point to our own shortcomings and address them.

4 Likes

I have to say though, that is one of the most pathetic title surrenders of all time. Easy to forget with the lack of excitment about the title race, but that loss sealed the title for City. To put out such a side tonight, despite the inarguable stresses of their immediate schedule, is pretty pathetic.

12 Likes

Cannot like your post enough, what message do you send to your dressing room? Best we will every be is second best club in manchester. Pathetic. Hope we beat their ass on thursday.

3 Likes

Funny thing about that is that after their away win on Sunday Ole said post match 'best thing about this win is arriving at home and not seeing a blue army celebrate‘

Cunt!!!

4 Likes

I really hope City lose the rest of their games. Ain’t happening, but it’ll really put perspective into how they completely gave up their chances no matter how impossible it seemed. They would have mixed and matched these three games had they got a realistic chance at the title am presuming.

Yes, Ole was forced to make those changes in team selection, but it wasn’t anyone else’s but United’s fault alone why they were forced to do it. That’s what sucks.

2 Likes

We shouldn’t forget Man United’s title defence in 2010. When Chelsea went to Anfield, with the fixture list they had towards the end of the season, that was about the only match where they could realistically drop points and surrender the advantage to Man United. Rafa’s final few games, the season in tatters after going out to Atletico in UEFA Cup, not much to play for but pride… Cue Stevie playing a back pass to Drogba and Chelsea subsequently winning the game and the title. Whole side played like they didn’t want to win that match.

If Klopp or any other Liverpool manager found himself in the same situation as Solskjaer these last few weeks, I’d expect him to do the same. That’s one of the constituents of rivalry for me, if there’s nothing in it for you and you can’t help your cause, don’t try to help theirs.

2 Likes

I think people overdramatize most fixtures like these. I don’t like the idea. Act like men and do more in order to win next time. Don’t drop to “small club” mentality. Nothing else.

4 Likes