The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Yeah he plays that up a lot. You guys have to remember that it’s mostly an act, but he does it so well. Lovely stuff. Not my words, @WooltonRed, the words of Shakin’ Stevens…

3 Likes

It shows how badly we and other teams have performed that these shower of shits are 2nd, they really are woeful. The balance of their team is just poor, their defence weak, midfield wide open.

They were missing 1 player in slab head and they really look like needing reinforcements all over.

I’ve never seen a team so bad at building from the back, it was like watching us under Rodgers…

5 Likes

Yeah I and others have been saying this all season. United are a mirage. Just a weird season where everything went right for them, and they still couldn’t mount an actual title challenge.

4 Likes

They’ll never win the league while Ole is in charge. I think they missed a trick by not getting Tuchal when he was available.

5 Likes

Poch I think was the big one, they gave Ole another season, crazy.

7 Likes

I think Tuchel can be pretty toxic. They probably had enough with Mourinho on that front.

4 Likes

It was a move that probably made sense but which I felt the timing never seemed to fit. Poch’s availability always seemed to be at its highest whenever Ole was winning loads of games. Ole’s vulnerability was when Poch’s Spurs seemed to be progressing.

3 Likes

Most Liverpool fans wanted Ole to do well enough to not get sacked, but not so well that he would win the biggest prizes, like the Prem and CL.

Top four and Europa final is about as good as it will get for him there.

They are only doing marginally better than us this season due to a catalogue of misfortune on our end, but normal service will be resumed next season.

13 Likes
10 Likes

I think Fred’s an underrated player. Dreadful at first, got better over time. Limited but does his job. Not good enough for where you’d want to be but not terrible either.

Yesterday, though, was perhaps the worst midfield performance I’ve seen for a few years, he was a shambles. I was gutted when he went off, and not because I knew it would give United a lift, but more because we missed out on another laughable 30 minutes of his play.

10 Likes

We just had to make do with laughing at Pogba instead. I just don’t get the fuss made about him, for me he’s an overated prima donna. Fernandes is a really annoying little shit, but he is a very good player. But Pogba? Nah.

9 Likes

Was Pogba playing last night? :neutral_face:

1 Like

I think so, or did I just imagine it?

I think last night showed where they have to improve next.

That good spell we had putting pressure all over them… they couldn’t cope with it. That deep central cage of 4 players; Bailly, Lindelof, Fred and McTominay, we can also throw Wan-Bissaka in there.

2 Likes

Agreed. They are almost a worse version of us a few years ago. When we only knew how to go full out heavy metal pressing and could only win one way. They have a similar feel, if they can’t gain space on the counter, they don’t have enough quality to do anything else. Their midfield 2 is awful on the ball and can’t dictate the tempo of the game.

He was almost speechless at the end when interviewed, at least Keane and Souness told it like it was.

He was very good for us!

3 Likes

And Henderson.

So, that’s about half of the squad. :thinking:

1 Like

I think it was interesting that we went with Jota on the left instead of Mane. Mane is a bit more physical and probably fits AWB’s game better.

Even more interesting to see United’s average positions at HT, Wan-Bissaka playing higher than Shaw. That’s good pressing.

:sunglasses: :joy:

1 Like