The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Henderson was brilliant at Sheffield United dunno why he looked so ordinary at Man Utd, not watched Man Utd a lot but he was on par with De Gea most of the time I’ve seen him.

3 Likes

There was an article on the Beeb gushing about him. He did look good at Sheffield United but at United personally I don’t see much beyond what a keeper like Pope was offering which to my mind is very good but not particularly brilliantly outstanding.

1 Like

Increased responsibility and scrutiny when playing for a better side, think it’s that simple.

He looked good at Sheffield United but no superstar, they were just extremely well organised last season and played more defensively than United which helped him out. It’s more difficult when you have the ball at your feet more, have to sweep up more etc.

3 Likes

I think that but he is probably getting the same amount of action as he would at Sheffield United, totally understand if he was getting one or two shots a game, had games where we’ve won 2-1 and they’ve peppered the goal and lost games 2-1 when all they had were the two shots.

1 Like

Henderson at Sheffield United they were fighting for a place in Europe, this season they were fighting relegation.

Regarding OGS. Would love them to get beat in the final and a 2nd place finish is perfect. Give him a big contract and pay hike. He’s a crap manager. Love that Cavani has stayed on as well.
He’s got a spattering of decent players.

But how well would he have done ik JK’s situation? Rip out his 3 first choice CD’s. Take 2 of his main midfielders out for a big chunk of the season and one of his forwards who was flying and banging in the goals.

You play the cards you are dealt but next season will revert to type.

3 Likes

Make him play Adrian in at least 5 matches.

5 Likes
19 Likes

Scored 4 but could have been 10…! :0)

2 Likes
4 Likes

The butt-hurt over on Caf atm is pretty damn funny, if anyone is interested.

8 Likes

If United lose their next 2 games we can finish 1 point behind them. Given how far ahead they were earlier in the season, next season is going to be most excellent :slight_smile:

5 Likes

He’s now complaining about how much the protests have affected them.

12 Likes

Seriously :rofl:

3 Likes

What a fucking shit house.

Hate it when footballers / managers make excuses etc.

Shit house

4 Likes

I think the thing that winds me up about him is he is very quick to cite the United way and parrot what he thinks a winning manager is supposed to say, but he is quick to change tack when it’s not going well and he’s got an excuse to lean on.

2 Likes

Fixed it for you.

8 Likes

The owners will feel like they need to make a bit of a splash in the market, to settle the supporters down a bit. They don’t have an elite manager, much less recruitment department, so they will burn through more dough sub-optimally.

I still can’t see them sinking though, as there’s just too much there… but they won’t be winning the Prem or the CL under Solksjaer.

6 Likes

Smart lad. That will encourage them to stop. :thinking:

4 Likes

I wonder if the Europa league win would help keep Ole, glad to see Fergie raise his head and speak out in support again :rofl:

2 Likes