The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

The article says they want to bring Trippier as backup. I’d not expect him to be cheap!

1 Like

I’m surprised he would agree to be back up. How old is he now?

Dalot to be sold then to fund that move?

I still expect Pogba to go to Juventus if I’m honest, he’d raise them enough money to buy Rice and Sancho with funds they already have.

2 Likes

I’m honestly not sold on Sancho. He’s regressed massively this season - though the same is true for many players. Bundesliga is a different prospect to the PL. Could be another Keita - just not physically suited for the English game. I’m also not sure how you fit him and Bruno into the same team. We’ll see. Hopefully he’s another in a long list of expensive flops for them.

3 Likes

Why do you think that? He had a slow start but he’s been on fire recently.

Good article explaining how he has done. His output is next level really;

This Year - 16 goals and 21 assists in 37 game
Last Year - 20 goals and 20 assists in 44 games
Previous Year - 13 goals and 20 assists in 43 games

His career numbers (senior) - 49 goals and 61 assists in 9792 minutes which is a goal or assist every 89 minutes… I’m pretty sure thats close to Salah… And he’s 21.

6 Likes

I think he’ll be quality for them, I really admire his ability. It’s a weak point in their team (unless Diallo really proves to be a hit in the future), though I think they should pay more attention to their midfield.

Getting in someone like Rice would help them play better on the counter and give more protection to their back line. Sancho is great, he’d improve an already strong attack, but Rice would improve the spine of their whole team and that signing would worry me more.

7 Likes

Someone needs to put Michael Knighton in the middle doing keepey ups

2 Likes

Slabhead is out for their final. Damn. Wanted them to have a better chance at giving Ole a longer team. They are gonna be shit against Villareal.

I agree that their midfield needs improving but I can’t agree that they already have a strong attack. Greenwood is very talented but very young. Cavani was very useful but very old. That leaves just Rashford.

Who only makes an effort when there’s a 100% chance he can take a shot …

… and to think some say Salah is selfish … :astonished:

There’s also Martial, very talented but equally inconsistent. I’m not sure what to think of James and Diallo just yet. You already know that I rate Greenwood highly and that I think he’s going to be their next star - if he was a natural right winger, I doubt that they would be buying Sancho. He’s no worse in his role(s) than Trent was at his at the same age.

I don’t disagree with you, for the major part at least, but looking at the numbers and watching their games, I don’t think that attack is their problem, at least not when all of their forwards are fit and Cavani does his thing. It’s obvious they need more balance in midfield, I think they would kill to have two players like Fabinho, Henderson or Alcantara at their best. They are masters of counter-attacks but I didn’t see that they have the capability to grind down their opponents and take full control of games.

3 Likes

:rofl:

Quality!!!

2 Likes

I only saw them against us and at Old Toilet they looked completely knackered in the 2nd half, did a good job in the 1st half pressing us and that yet what’s that worth if you can’t get the ball out of your own penalty area after?
Seems to me they still need to build from the back.

2 Likes

Old Toilet. :rat:

3 Likes

Cavani’s best days are behind him, but he’s still top class. He’s an out and out number nine, and an excellent finisher. His goal against Fulham was brilliant. Glad he fluffed his lines when Ali served him one up on a platter!

4 Likes

One caveat, The Bundesliga isn’t the EPL but he could make the step up.

2 Likes

He’s impressed me a lot for them.

3 Likes

But he’s still the best player at Man U.

Therein lies their problem.

7 Likes

Cavani’s finished at top level. Good to bring on with 30 mins to go.

1 Like