The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

1 Like

Don’t know anything about Torres, but I can see them land Sancho and Kane. Particularly after losing that final. The only think stopping them from getting the latter is either City getting him, or Poch returning to Spurs and Kane wanting to be part of that project (less likely as I think Kane really wants to play CL football next season)

1 Like

Will be the first time they get what they say they are going to get to the journalists.

Not to mention Ole just isn’t that good, I don’t personally think signing two attackers is what they need.

Let the media spaff over it all summer and let’s do our own business quietly

3 Likes

Torres in would mean that they shift Maguire over to RCB. I thought they would be looking at more of a RCB with pace, someone like Kounde par example.

Not sure if they get all 4 mentioned ones. Sounds like a difficult mission.

I do think they’ll get Sancho.

I just can’t see anybody paying what Spurs will want for Kane this summer, and if both Manchester clubs do then he’d be crazy to choose United ahead of Pep and City. Move to City and he pretty much guarantees himself numerous league titles and other honours if he’s there for five or so years. United are still miles behind City and us at full strength, and I’d also say Chelsea are in a better position to compete than United.

Part of me still holds some hope that we’ll do a madness and buy Sancho as well. Think he’d be a great fit here.

3 Likes
6 Likes

He looks a bit like Canelo. :joy:

2 Likes

The boxer?

On to other matters.

Manure are a massive club. If they get their act together then they will become a force again. That’s why for me the longer OGS is at the wheel the better.

He hasn’t got a clue and commands no respect. They came 2nd but they were never in the title race. Every time they play a big game he bottles it.

I actually don’t think they are far away from a title challenge. They need a decent manager and some pace in the centre of their defence.

The longer they focus on their attack and ignore their defence the better.

6 Likes

You know what I thought the exact same

fify 10 characters

2 Likes

Ole not winning EuropaL may be the push they needed. Although we all love that they lost, it would push them to sack Ole unfortunately. And now they have Conte, Zidane and who knows who else available to take over and you can bet the next person will do much better than Ole I’m afraid

2 Likes

They’re not going to sack him. He has already signed a new contract that they were going to announce this week after the EL win, but since they lost, they’ll delay the announcement, but by all reports it has already been signed.

5 Likes

I hope you’re right! How do you know this?

1 Like

Reportedly he wants City, so I only see a united move if City are in someone else such as Haaland and get their man.

I also think we may not see such a crazy price for Kane (if we do it will probably be heavily performance based). Spurs need a rebuild and are not flush with cash, Kane will also be on a very big wage.

2 Likes

Because results at Utd always fall off a cliff when Ole signs a new contract!

8 Likes

I agree with every word. It’s not Utd Love at all but recognition of a great person. He may play for one of our bitterest rivals but what he has done for children in this country is phenomenal. These vile creatures that have abused him so horribly for what they think is a poor performance should be identified and publicly shamed.

9 Likes

Read it on’t Caf. It seems to be pretty widely known among their fanbase.

1 Like

Course he does. Massive salary and guaranteed trophies? Right up Sir Harry’s street.

1 Like

Plus he can pad his stats when they draw the weakest team left in every round of the domestic cup competitions.

5 Likes

Let’s face it, Kane would be crazy to turn down an offer from City. Salary is likely to be in the range of 350k a week and probably a 5 year contract. I’d take that, thank you very much.

3 Likes